PDA

View Full Version : Need help with gtx 770m inside an Asus g73jw

Tkulow1
06-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Hello, I currently have an asus g73jw with a clevo gtx 770m inside of the unit. It boots up til the loading windows screen then shutsdown. I heard that I need to flash the video cards vbios but dont have the correct vbios to flash it with. I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me obtain the correct vbios to flash it with. The card has 3gb of hynix memory. also the bios version is 80.06.54.00.11. Thanks.

vdubs
06-13-2015, 07:02 PM
I also have a g73jw and have been experimenting with upgrading the GPU as well, but I used a lowly gtx 560m instead. I've had some stability issues since then and have reverted back to the gtx 460m, but am still dealing with some slight performance issues now as well.

Have you looked into tutorials on how to upgrade the GPU on asus laptops? Doing so usually requires being able to perform a blind flash in case the GPU doesn't have a pre-flashed VBIOS. You will probably need to resort back your old GPU for now, until you can try again. Let me know how this project goes for you, I'm kind of in the same boat so I'm interested.