PDA

View Full Version : Already having problems with a brand new G751

teefn
06-01-2015, 11:39 PM
Hello, I don't know if this is the right spot for this post but here goes anyway.

I just bought this laptop about two weeks ago. It's literally brand new, no tweaks, no nothing. Things are working perfectly for 1.5 weeks. I am very happy with my purchase. Yesterday my laptop randomly reboots itself 30 mins into loading up. All I was doing was surfing the internet. Nothing heavy. I thought it was an update restart or just a random crash. It happens. Today, the same thing. 30 mins into load up the laptop restarts itself while I am in a game.

At this point, I'm getting upset. This laptop is BRAND NEW. I google "asus rog laptop randomly restarts" and get posts dating back to 2012 so I think to myself its 2015, they surely got their heads straight on this problem. Nope.

What is wrong with my laptop? Please don't tell me I have to send it back for a refurb after paying A LOT of money for this one. A LOT.

This has only happened twice so far and the laptop doesn't seem to restart itself after the first restart. I've been gaming for several hours and making this post without a problem. Maybe I am exaggerating. I don't know. Please help.

joshindaphils
06-02-2015, 12:08 AM
Update all of your drives, BIOS, etc to the latest version. Patch your system. It has only happened 2x, not necessarily a pattern yet. It could be cosmic rays and bad luck (seriously). If you are using Intel's XTU back everything to defaults, if you are undervolting it can seem perfectly fine for days then randomly flake out. Same goes for any GPU tweak you may be using, back to default.

teefn
06-02-2015, 12:15 AM
Thank for the fast reply. I have not tweaked/touched/looked at a single thing on this laptop. I don't have the know-how on that and I don't want to mess around with a brand new machine. I will do the updates and see what happens. Thanks again.