PDA

View Full Version : Asus GL552 auto chargin - charging will automatically stop and show "Not charging"?

chriszzz18
06-02-2015, 03:19 AM
So,my friend is using asus laptop X series with battery bounded inside the laptop so you can replace the battery.
And he says that when the battery is full,the charging will automatically stop and it show "No charging" signs even though the laptop is plugged in.
And I checked mine,it is still charging even though it is 100%.
He says Asus new laptop has that ability to stop charging.I am wondering if asus rog is possible to do that?

and are there any power4gear hybrid for ROG?looks like asus power4gear is better than windows'
Thank you for the help

Raj Kumar
07-06-2015, 03:30 PM
No, ASUS ROG laptops don't have that ability to stop charging automatically. I ca tell this because I am using the gl552jx. Also the ROG series is gaming series (ROG = Republic Of Gamers) and so it is meant to be operated on ac for most of the time. And when the battery charges to 100%, the power doesn't flow any more to the battery and the laptop operates solely on ac power so that the battery charge is conserved. You can even use the laptop without the battery by simply plugging it in.

navis995
07-06-2015, 04:02 PM
For my G750JZ after some time it stops charging at like 97-100% where it says plugged in but not charging.

cl-Albert@ROG
07-06-2015, 10:57 PM
So,my friend is using asus laptop X series with battery bounded inside the laptop so you can replace the battery.
And he says that when the battery is full,the charging will automatically stop and it show "No charging" signs even though the laptop is plugged in.
And I checked mine,it is still charging even though it is 100%.
He says Asus new laptop has that ability to stop charging.I am wondering if asus rog is possible to do that?

and are there any power4gear hybrid for ROG?looks like asus power4gear is better than windows'
Thank you for the help

It usually takes a while for the battery to actually reach 100% 'full charge', but when it does, you should eventually see the message 'plugged in, not charging' and the battery level should start dropping from 100% until it gets below 95%.

All the current ASUS notebooks should act similarly if you can confirm with your unit, but there is an older FAQ for the G75VW battery about this as below if you want to take a look.

http://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1003960/

tomugetsu
02-14-2016, 04:25 PM
so if my battery is at 100% , is it safe to play while the battery is on ? I'm worried because when we play , the laptop will get hot . and hot temperatures are the worst enemies of batteries as it will decrease their battery life . so I'm worried because when I play , the laptop gets hot , my battery will be hot too because of the laptop , it will shorten the life span of my battery . is this true or am I just paranoid ? I'm using GL552jx , lithium ion battery .

JustinThyme
02-15-2016, 04:04 PM
Heat is one enemy of any battery. Hotter it gets the more run time you will get but the overall lifespan is decreased by 50% for every 10C that the battery pack sees over 30C.

While Im certain you are not going to achieve perfection in battery lifespan the only way to not decrease it would be to never use the machine and plug it in monthly to charge the battery. You will get a god 5 years or more out of the pack that way.

There is no battery on or off. Its all a matter of difference in potential between the pack and the charging circuit. On some applications and games requiring that the resouces be pushed its not at all uncommon that the power supplies limits are surpassed and it takes energy from the battery then replenishes when demand falls.

So your double edged sword post has no direct answer, its not an either or. Change your last statement to it gets hot and you are paranoid and you win! Alternative ohter than not using it is to forget performance, change settings in everything to minimal, dim display to where you cant see it, CPU maxed at minimum display to lowest resoltion you can get and it will cool down and the battery life span will be increased and you will get better run time. No one really buys these machines expecting 10 hours of battery or that they packs last an eternity. Nature of the beast.

Rares95
02-15-2016, 07:50 PM
The number of times i've seen this thread type..