PDA

View Full Version : G751JM Touchscreen stops working

awakefield
06-04-2015, 03:08 PM
I have had a G751JM purchased through Best Buy for about a month. I basically love the machine, but it has an issue that has occurred 3 times. The touchscreen will stop working. It happened the first two times after plugging in an HDMI monitor and closing the lid with the power settings set to "Do nothing" on close lid. When I unplugged the monitor and opened the lid the screen display cam up fine, but the touch was not working. Reboot and power downs did no good. Both times I had to refresh my windows install and it came back on.

Then, last night, I closed the lid with no external monitor plugged in, opening the lid this morning and no touch.

Two questions:

1) Has anyone had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it short of refreshing the windows install?

2) If not, is there anyway to get it back without refreshing every time? I'm getting tired of re-installing my apps.

Thanks,

awakefield

awakefield
06-04-2015, 03:19 PM
I have not figured out the issue yet, but I do have an alternate solution besides refreshing the OS. I went into Device Manager and uninstalled all the HID interface devices except the Wireless radio. Then I scanned for hardware changes and Windows 8.1 automatically re-added them.

The touchscreen came back. This seems odd (not the strangest thing I've ever seen with Windows 8.1) but I can live with it for now. At least I know I can use an external monitor without refreshing windows every time. :)

awakefield

awakefield
06-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Update # 2

This is not only happening with the docking. It happens much of the time when I close the lid without shutting down. This is really, really sad for a $1400.00 laptop. I have owned many ASUS in the past. This is my last one.

ASUS doesn't seem to care enough to monitor the forums and has discontinued this model. Wow, put out crap, get called on it, pull passive-aggressive garbage on tech support, move on.

You couldn't pay me to get anything with the Asus RoG logo on it again. Alienware isn't great, but it has to be better than the junk Asus is putting out.

Art

bcasio
06-11-2015, 12:51 AM
i just tried out the touch screen on my G751JL it worked after closing the lid, and while plugged into hdmi. to me it sounds like a driver issue. might try a restore and see if that helps.