PDA

View Full Version : To all G751JY owners, what can we do about...keeping it clean?

AQUASTEVAE
06-05-2015, 05:42 PM
What can we do about the palm rests of this notebook? the fingerprints and grease from our hands makes it look terrible all the time. has anyone found a product that works to keep it clean, and not so subject to the oils on our hands? any information is highly appreciated. thanks!

Prostar Computer
06-05-2015, 07:20 PM
This is a common thing on just about every notebook ever. Some companies will place a wrap on the chassis, but it's not a cheap alternative.

joshindaphils
06-05-2015, 11:48 PM
Yeah I think textured aluminum is the best for this, or plastics with a more intense texture (i.e. not flat and not soft touch, Thinkpads are a good example).

Some have been very happy with vinyl wraps check out this post https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?58248-Asus-G751-Decal-Sticker

Asoryu
06-06-2015, 02:17 AM
Yeah I think textured aluminum is the best for this, or plastics with a more intense texture (i.e. not flat and not soft touch, Thinkpads are a good example).

Some have been very happy with vinyl wraps check out this post https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?58248-Asus-G751-Decal-Sticker

These laptops are actually covered in a medical grade plastic that's designed to allow you to keep grip in them if you have oil on your hands.

The best thing I've found to clean them is individually packed anti static monitor wipes by dust-off.

AQUASTEVAE
06-06-2015, 06:08 AM
i think the covering of the g74sx was much, much, much better. it felt better, and rarely left fingerprints. i love this notebook, but it looks terrible most of the time because of the fingerprints or oils off my hands. and good grief, don't let it be hot, and my palms get a little sweaty...lol.

AQUASTEVAE
06-06-2015, 06:51 PM
so no one else on here has any other suggestions for keeping it clean? i thought for sure someone on here would have found something that not only cleans it, but makes it less of an oil stain attractant.