PDA

View Full Version : Question about G53 hotkey ?

chemicalx
11-24-2011, 03:46 AM
There is a hotkey that turns off the display, but on my laptop the display isn't really OFF once I press this, it only darken, the backlight still on but VERY dim and I still can see the windows scene. Is this normal or is it kind of light bleeding ?

Press Fn+F6 will rise the brightness, it also shows a brightness status bar on top of the screen, the problem is my status bar NEVER goes up to its maximum (in case I have turned the brightness to max and the brightness bar in Power Option goes to the rightmost). Is this a driver issue ?

BrodyBoy
11-24-2011, 05:44 AM
Hmm... that's odd. I have a couple different Asus laptops, but they both have that same LCD on/off hotkey, and they work as expected- the display does completely dark. Are we both talking about Fn+F7? Not the dimmer hotkey?

EDIT: I'm just thinking aloud here, but I'm wondering if your power profile is limiting the brightness...?

chemicalx
11-24-2011, 06:11 AM
Yeah, I said about Fn+F7, the LCD is DARKENED but isn't completely OFF, I can still see the windows environment if I stick my eyes CLOSE to the screen :D
About the Fn+F6, it's good now, just update the ATK driver and the brightness bar works as expected.