PDA

View Full Version : After opening the laptop, G751JY-DH71 Touchpad moves cursor, but does not click.

Longhorn2008
06-06-2015, 03:48 PM
New to the forums. Purchased a G751JY-DH71 in November 2014 and for about a month now, the laptop started to freeze while playing World of Warcraft. I noticed the laptop was running hot, around 85C. This is when I realized one of the fans was not working. When I moved the laptop, it sounded like debris was stuck in the vent/fan that was not working. I decided to open the laptop to see if I could dislodge or blow the debris out. I didn't see anything, however, I confirmed the right fan is not working as it was not moving. Now this brings me to my problem in the title. I reconnected the keyboard to the best of my knowledge. There are four ribbons. One for the keyboard, one for LED, one for the touchpad, and one I do not know what it controls. It is the far right one if anyone has disassembled their G751. Everything seems to function properly except for the touchpad. The touchpad will move the cursor, but it will not click nor do the left or right buttons click as well. I reconnected the ribbons a 2nd tIime thinking I incorrectly reconnected the 1st time, but the touchpad still does not click. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Longhorn2008
06-06-2015, 03:53 PM
Picture of ribbons.

Longhorn2008
06-07-2015, 10:38 PM
After speaking with a few reps on live chat, it was determined I should factory reset my machine to fix this problem, however, my touchpad still does not click nor do the buttons (it still moves the cursor). With the factory reset, can I rule out it being a software problem? Am I missing an option that enables clicking?