PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G750JZ random freezes from hell. Please i need your Help! T_T

captainteemo
06-07-2015, 11:05 AM
Hi,

i bought my g750jz for almost a year now and it's so frustrating that i can't find a solution on this random freezes. Disk usage spikes at 100% and usually hangs up 2-5 secs. Even when i'm not doing anything it freezes! If anyone can help me. Please help me T_T Thanks a lot!

DeltaActual
06-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Can be anything after a year of usage. Your best bet is a clean install / restore of Windows.

captainteemo
06-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Can be anything after a year of usage. Your best bet is a clean install / restore of Windows.

Hi, thanks for the response. actually, since the day I bought it I already have that problem. at first I thought it was the wireless connection,tried getting it plugged in but still the problem is there. we already moved to a different location and still got that problem. so it's really frustrating T_T

DeltaActual
06-07-2015, 07:52 PM
What is your setup? Regular hard drive? Can be your HD, or antivirus. Have you updated all of your drivers. If nothing works - Create backup using Asus Backtracker, and do restore.
SSD helps a lot.

GottiBoi55
06-08-2015, 01:55 AM
Make the Asus Backtracker USB Recovery Drive (Sandisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash drive 16GB works really well), then restore your JZ back to the factory out of the box installed Windows 8.1 OS.

PS: You should remove the 1TB Data drive first before you start the recovery process (so no Data lost on that drive).

Asus Backtracker Version 3.0.9 (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps_for_Win8.1/Backtracker/BackTracker_Win81_64_VER309.zip?_ga=1.187376680.16 09798701.1433727468)

Hope this helps you my friend?

captainteemo
06-10-2015, 02:14 PM
What is your setup? Regular hard drive? Can be your HD, or antivirus. Have you updated all of your drivers. If nothing works - Create backup using Asus Backtracker, and do restore.
SSD helps a lot.

Hi thanks. My setup is i7. Forgot the ghz. Gtx880m video card. 32 gb ram. Win 8.1. What do you mean by restore? Like reinstall? System restore? Thanks for the reply!

captainteemo
06-10-2015, 02:19 PM
Make the Asus Backtracker USB Recovery Drive (Sandisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash drive 16GB works really well), then restore your JZ back to the factory out of the box installed Windows 8.1 OS.

PS: You should remove the 1TB Data drive first before you start the recovery process (so no Data lost on that drive).

Asus Backtracker Version 3.0.9 (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps_for_Win8.1/Backtracker/BackTracker_Win81_64_VER309.zip?_ga=1.187376680.16 09798701.1433727468)

Hope this helps you my friend?

Hi, does this mean that i also need to reinstall all the drivers? I don't have a cd of the drivers(bios,internet card, etc.). And what do you mean by removing the 1 tb drive? You mean physically remove it?:p thanks a lot!

Wulff
06-10-2015, 07:45 PM
the g750jz cam with different storage configurations, mine for example came with 2x256gb m.2 ssd in raid0 and a 1tb for storage. if you would leave the 1 tb disk in the laptop when restoring with backtracker it would erase that disk as well. so if your storag configuration is similar to this remove that disk and then do the backtracker restore, that is if you made that usb when you bought the notebook. otherwise that wont work

GottiBoi55
06-14-2015, 01:16 AM
Hi, does this mean that i also need to reinstall all the drivers? I don't have a cd of the drivers(bios,internet card, etc.). And what do you mean by removing the 1 tb drive? You mean physically remove it?:p thanks a lot!

The Asus BackTracker USB will restore your Laptop to the "out of the box" factory condition.
No drivers need to be installed, the Asus BackTracker software will do all that for you.

Yes, if you have "Data" on that 1TB HDD you want to keep, you must physically remove it.
I have run the Asus BackTracker USB already a couple of times now, and that's best.
I have "Games" installed on the 1TB HDD, and it only takes minimal time to get them all up and running.

Good luck, and good gaming my friend!

captainteemo
06-14-2015, 08:22 AM
the g750jz cam with different storage configurations, mine for example came with 2x256gb m.2 ssd in raid0 and a 1tb for storage. if you would leave the 1 tb disk in the laptop when restoring with backtracker it would erase that disk as well. so if your storag configuration is similar to this remove that disk and then do the backtracker restore, that is if you made that usb when you bought the notebook. otherwise that wont work

I see. Alright, will try it then. Thanks a lot!;)

captainteemo
06-14-2015, 08:24 AM
The Asus BackTracker USB will restore your Laptop to the "out of the box" factory condition.
No drivers need to be installed, the Asus BackTracker software will do all that for you.

Yes, if you have "Data" on that 1TB HDD you want to keep, you must physically remove it.
I have run the Asus BackTracker USB already a couple of times now, and that's best.
I have "Games" installed on the 1TB HDD, and it only takes minimal time to get them all up and running.

Good luck, and good gaming my friend!

I see. Might at well just do a backup on a separate hdd, so that i dont need to remove it physically :p they may void the warranty. Will try backtracker. Thanks a lot! Happy gaming too!

GottiBoi55
06-14-2015, 01:18 PM
I see. Might at well just do a backup on a separate hdd, so that i dont need to remove it physically :p they may void the warranty. Will try backtracker. Thanks a lot! Happy gaming too!

Yeah, that will work too.
Make a backup of your data on a external drive if you don't feel comfortable removing the Data Drive.

PS:Removing the "Data 1/TB HDD" will not void your warranty.
It's placed behind the "User upgrade access panel" located on the bottom on the laptop.