PDA

View Full Version : G751JY FPS question

Buckeye8084
06-09-2015, 12:18 AM
I bought this laptop about 2 months ago, updated all drivers and away we were. I got incredible fps on the only game I really play Planetside 2. This week I have gotten a substantial drop and I don't know why. There was an update for geforce so I did it. I went back to the old driver and the fps was still cut in half.

Can you guys help direct me in what I should check or do to fix this issue.

Thanks

Edweird
06-09-2015, 07:12 AM
It's not the GPU. I play PlanetSide 2 on ultra and the GPU barely ever hits 100% usage. It's the CPU, PS2 is horrible for CPUs. I can't manage over 40fps average in big fights on medium-high settings.

There's plenty of information on optimising the game on the PS2 forums including how to modify the useroptions.ini file. (iirc that's what it was called)

Otherwise, use XTU to get some more juice out of your CPU. The GPU isn't particularly impressed.

ROGTWAT
06-09-2015, 02:17 PM
Don't blame the notebook. PS2 is an extremely (unnecessarily) resource hungry game.

Buckeye8084
06-09-2015, 06:55 PM
I was getting over a 100+ consistently and all of a sudden it starts a 60fps and goes down to 40's in large fights. It switches back and forth between gpu and cpu. I already had xtu overclocked. Could it be anything else?

Edweird
06-10-2015, 07:07 AM
Nah, that's just planetside being planetside. You can get 100+fps in the warpgates but you'll always end up with at least half that in big fights.

Zombievac
06-10-2015, 04:43 PM
Sounds like you didn't have V-Sync on before, and now it is... maybe (check the game graphical settings and your nvidia control panel settings)? Did you happen to overclock the LCD panel to 100 Hz? And/or possibly Planetside doesn't acknowledge refresh rates higher than 60 Hz (which is still pretty common)?

Maybe Geforce experience changed the settings on you without you intending it to?

You could also try using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to completely clean the nvidia drivers off there (works better than using the built-in clean install option), and THEN trying to reinstall the old drivers that you got good performance with before.

Prostar Computer
06-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Disable or remove GeForce Experience if you have it. That can sometimes cause performance issues (despite its purpose). You may even consider doing a clean installation of the NVidia driver - and opting out of GeForce Experience during the install.