PDA

View Full Version : After all these years why can't ASUS get their uninstall to work

wysiwygbill
06-09-2015, 01:42 AM
Seriously. This has been a problem for years and years.

You install AI Suite and then you can't cleanly uninstall it without using some potentially dodgy 3rd party app you get from Google drive.

If you decide to give ASUS fan controller, or "Thermal Radar 2" another chance you'll probably regret it and spend hours cleaning up ytour drive and registry.

ASUS' hardware is great; their software and support is truly terrible.

Conners
06-12-2015, 02:15 AM
I would recommend REVO uninstaller. This is another example of why not to install AI Suite.,..

Korth
06-12-2015, 02:35 AM
ASUS' hardware is great; their software and support is truly terrible.

Hardware is software these days. Building a motherboard is only the first step, building the firmware/software which runs all its programmable and digitally-controlled features is an ongoing journey, lol.

I always give the factory software a shot, just to see what it does and how it does it and how well (or poorly) it works. It is based on years of research and testing and input from overclockers and a wider array of hardware configurations than I'll ever own. But then I nuke-and-pave a clean OS install and configure things manually. Proper BIOS configurations are always better than constantly running extra programs, keeps system resources free, and the also BIOS tends to crash a lot less often than Windows, lol.

If you have the option, I think it's best to let the "smart" Asus software do it's thing, take note of any settings it autoconfigures, then wipe your boot drive with a clean OS install.

Asus is not alone - their dirty software uninstalls are about on par compared to stuff from other hardware vendors. And, as often as not, the OS installer scripts/shells are at fault more than the applications themselves.

Conners
06-12-2015, 03:15 AM
Not sure if I detect sarcasm in the last post or not. I'll assume it wasn't for this posts sake. Why install software that screws up your system just for the sake of "just to see what it does and how it does it and how well (or poorly) it works"

Just to " nuke-and-pave a clean OS install and configure things manually"

So he makes my point WHY install the AI suit just so you can do a clean install after you install it. Just skip it aid do just one install.

Unless you want to do it that way, then more power to ya...