PDA

View Full Version : g75vw help finding drivers

IwasZtrust
06-10-2015, 08:43 PM
HI
I have posted before about waking the g75vw from sleep using mouse and keyboard and most told me it was not possible, but since I have gotten it to work in the past I know it is possible and its even in the manual
Sleep is the same as Suspend-to-RAM (STR). This function stores your current data and status in RAM while many components are turned OFF. Because RAM is volatile, it requires power to keep (refresh) the data. Click the Windows button and the arrowhead next to the lock icon to see this option. You can also use the keyboard shortcut [Fn F1] to activate this mode. Recover by pressing any keyboard key except [Fn]. (NOTE: The power indicator will blink in this mode.)
I have tried reading up on it and if i remember correctly it should go in s3 sleep where it should be possible to wake it up from usb keyboard and mouse
I just got my pc back from a horrible repair and of course now it will not work, and in thinking back maybe I dident use the drivers from asus when i got it to work and all im using now is the official asus drivers so I am hoping someone can help me find the correct drivers for chipset,usb,bluetooth and what else is needed. I would really like it to work since my g75vw should be under the table and its very anoing to go press the button I am on windows 7 profession x64

tkolarik
06-13-2015, 03:51 AM
I mounted my G75VW on the wall, set power options to do nothing when the lid is closed and attached a Logitech G400S mouse and a Logitech G105 keyboard. Both USB devices were plugged into the right side but only one would cause it to wake from sleep, I thing it was the one toward the back of the unit. Which ever one was plugged into the correct USB port would wake it, the mouse by clicking a button and the keyboard touch almost any key. My only problem was when I hit shutdown instead of sleep, then I had to pull the whole thing apart and open it to turn it on.

Clintlgm
06-15-2015, 06:42 PM
Asus support Downloads (http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1) This is where you get all your tested to be working on your notebook. if you use a other brand keyboard and mouse you would probably want to install the software that comes with them. That works for me I'm using a Logitech mouse it has its own Bluetooth USB bud and Bluetooth software.