PDA

View Full Version : Asus ROG G750JZ Toggles from AC/Battery mode in some Games

vicmns
06-10-2015, 09:19 PM
Hi, since I bought this computer (about 10 months ago) I have been facing the same issue. Sometimes while playing some specific games (e.g. Tera, ArcheAge, Skyrim), I notice that the battery indicator is switching on/off and of course the device screen is dimming off/on since I have different configuration for each power. But It only lasted a couple of seconds, maybe a minute and that was it.

But lately this problem have been pain in the ass, sometimes the toggle never ends, so I have to close the game, restart and hope for the best.

This switching only happens when the game is on top.

Also if I take the battery off, when the toggle should happen, the computer just shuts down...

Is this an issue with my power supply? Or is something related with the hardware.

Hope someone can help...

vicmns
07-31-2015, 08:39 PM
Hi, since I bought this computer (about 10 months ago) I have been facing the same issue. Sometimes while playing some specific games (e.g. Tera, ArcheAge, Skyrim), I notice that the battery indicator is switching on/off and of course the device screen is dimming off/on since I have different configuration for each power. But It only lasted a couple of seconds, maybe a minute and that was it.

But lately this problem have been pain in the ass, sometimes the toggle never ends, so I have to close the game, restart and hope for the best.

This switching only happens when the game is on top.

Also if I take the battery off, when the toggle should happen, the computer just shuts down...

Is this an issue with my power supply? Or is something related with the hardware.

Hope someone can help...

To anyone interested. This was a hardware problem. I had to send my computer to service, and they changed the motherboard and the AC adapter. So if somebody is experiencing the same problem, don't think it twice and contact Asus Support an ask for an RMA!

Good luck and keep gaming!