PDA

View Full Version : Sound problems, I know there is already a thread but I need help.

OR6564
06-13-2015, 05:40 PM
So I fixed the problem of crack noise when I put Headphones, but when its on speakers its still have the crack noise some times there is alot and sometimes there is none but mostly there is alot and It's very annoying.
I read all the threads about this problem and all I see is a mess I download the newest driver and there is still the problem, Can some give Step by step a solution to this problem. Thanks in advance. (sorry for bad english)

Sanctrum
06-13-2015, 06:39 PM
Sure...

Install the atachement below my post.

For details please refer to this: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?60761-G751-Sound-Crackling-Thread-(The-one-thread-to-rule-them-all)-WORKAROUND&highlight=G751+Sound+Crackling+Thread

ReeveJ
06-14-2015, 05:53 PM
There is no fix. I'm not sure what exactly you mean when you say that you "fixed the problem of crack noise when I put Headphones" though, because you should normally hear the crack (from the speakers) even with headphones plugged in. It's a driver issue that can only be resolved when they release a new one. Sanctrum's workaround consists of looping an audio track so the driver never 'shuts off' and is basically a sophisticated equivalent to opening a sound file, pausing and leaving the window open in the background. Neither are exactly a 'fix.'

The issue has been brought up with Asus CS many times by many people and they never have recognized there being a problem. Perhaps someone with a Facebook account could try on the company profile page? Apparently some people have had better luck with CS on the G-Sync issue by this method.

TL;DR, get used to it and try not to let it get to you.

Sanctrum
06-14-2015, 08:48 PM
@ReeveJ - regarding headphones.

Editing registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\Audio\RtkNGUI64 \PowerMngt\Enabled = 0
FIXES the crackling noise wile using the headphones. It's a fact. Also it's a fact, that it is not helping with built-in G751 speakers.

Going to the default setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\Audio\RtkNGUI64 \PowerMngt\Enabled = 1 and you will have crackling sound BOTH the headphones and the speakers.
(Remember to reboot the laptop or perform the full shutdown after the change. The standard hybrid shutdown IS NOT enough for making registry edits effective)

And it is even more FUBAR! Why? Because while listening to the headphones one can STILL hear the crackling sound going out from the muted (as the headphones are connected) built-in laptops speakers! So it is not easy to be simple ignored and to be get used to it...

That is probably why there is no solution from Realtek for so long time. As I think no one has ever tested it as I did, and I think they just simply gave up the problem as did not find the proper clues and the factors involved (headphones and built-in speakers quite different behavior), so they could not find the roots of the problem (at least 2 exist) or just have been looking in the wrong places.