PDA

View Full Version : [G73SW] - Problem with KB Lights and ATK0100 Driver

Nirvana
11-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Hi,
after flashing the bios I have found myself, as many people, without the backlight of the keyboard. I downloaded the fix (consisting of 2 file, FixmyKB.bat and bt.exe) but was not able to boot off the boot. In fact I had difficulty adding a new boot-option....I did not know what to put in the path string. (if someone wants to explain......)

Then I tried to download and reinstall the keyboard drivers directly from ASUS. Started the utility, I chose the option "repair package." Finished, I rebooted. But now when windows starts telling me to install the "ATK0100 driver" and that there is a problem in "ACPI ATK0100 Kernel Mode Driver".

Can anyone help me ??......

I have a G73SW TZ166V with Win 7 64bit.

JRd1st
11-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Did you try pressing f4?

fuzon1337
11-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Hi

Does your KB flash when your booting up for 1-2 sec?

And the best thing to do when you're going to update the ATK package you have to uninstall the version you got, reboot, then install the new one (and perhaps reboot again, go to bios and "restore to default")

Be sure to push the button, (the three buttons up in the corner, next to the screen) the picture of a lightbulb with a crossed line until it says "All lights on" on the screen.
And then do as JRd1st saying push Fn + F4.