PDA

View Full Version : g73jh (BB) big problems with a series of games

blind7125
11-28-2011, 12:41 AM
Hi I have the G73jh (1.73 GHZ Best Buy) and basically all Call of Duty from Cod 4 to mw3 run like a slideshow at 25-30 fps. two days ago I was hitting the cap at 91 near constant. all of a sudden it has slowed way down. I have uninstalled steam, all the games reinstalled the Redist files that came with them (directx and framework). Every other game runs like normal well except for minecraft which curiously runs at like 100fps (I have a feeling it is Hyperthreading conflicting with MC) anyways I just need some help I have pretty much done everything short of reinstall windows. Asus support was no help there because I wanted the reinstall discs since I have a better HDD I would use

BrodyBoy
11-28-2011, 12:43 AM
Asus support was no help there because I wanted the reinstall discs since I have a better HDD I would use
You can reinstall Windows without their discs. You download the Installer and burn your own disc.

blind7125
11-28-2011, 01:30 AM
I'm trying to avoid reinstalling windows though. Problem is I just got done playing Skyrim, l4d2, Counter Strike Source, Crysis, Crysis 2, Deadspace 2, and Dead Island. They all run fine but COD 4 - mw3 run like crap. scratch that BLOPS has always run at 20 fps even the day I got it.

JRd1st
11-28-2011, 02:05 AM
Could be your game settings.

Also clear your event logs, defrag your drives. Run Ccleaner to clean your temp folders and registry.

Do you have an Atheros wifi card? If so go to the New Drivers forum an get the newer version and install.it. also, download dpc latency monitor and check for red peaks.

blind7125
11-28-2011, 05:30 PM
already did a defrag with MyDefrag, I have cleaned it out with CCleaner. interestingly one of the logs was full of warnings for a pci express slot root. I'm thinking it could be the GPU slot