PDA

View Full Version : Asus g73jw a1 get stuck!

Andrew_85
11-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Hello guys

Since last night my laptop gets stuck and I can't do anything,just unplug the battery to shout it down.

Before I did it the first time I was not able to open the task manager or press shout down so I had to do it unplugging the battery.

I don't have a system restore because I have an ssd.

What should I do?

BrodyBoy
11-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Can you explain "stuck?" Does that mean it freezes up during use? Or does it not start at all....?

Andrew_85
11-28-2011, 10:04 PM
It start and then after a bit it freeze!

BrodyBoy
11-28-2011, 10:13 PM
I would try a system restore. Click on the Start button and type "system restore" in the search bar. Open the program and see if you have a restore point from a time when the computer was operating normally.

Andrew_85
11-28-2011, 10:15 PM
I dont have system restore with windows but some with acronis image,should I try that?Can I do it on safe mode?

BrodyBoy
11-28-2011, 10:19 PM
You mean you turned it off? (I'm not talking about the factory restore option that requires a recovery partition on your HHD or SSD, but just the Windows function itself.) Alternatively, if you do have an Acronis Image that you saved before the trouble started, that would be another thing to try. (System Restore is faster and less "risky" if you have that option.)

Did you install anything new recently? Hardware or software?

Andrew_85
11-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Yes I turned off to sped up my ssd (big mistake)

I have to check out once I get home,maybe running on safe mode and deleting some recent hardware or software could help,what do you think about it?

BrodyBoy
11-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Well, if you know of anything you added or changed around the time this started, that would be your prime suspect. I'd uninstall that first.

After that, another option you could try....though I can't be sure it'll address whatever the problem is....is Windows Startup Repair. When you first power up, quickly press F8, and the System Recovery Options opens. Since you have no restore points or Windows Images saved, the only option available to you is Start Up Repair. Again, I don't know if that'll find and fix your issue, but it's worth a try.

Andrew_85
11-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Yes I'm gonna try and let you know if it works

JRd1st
11-28-2011, 11:45 PM
You'd be fine with system restore turned off if you made regular images with Acronis and if you had a bootable restore dvd. Make an iAge whenever you're about to install something. And keep at least 2 images.

I realize this advice doesn't help now, but in the future to save yourself a lot of trouble...