PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G751JУ-Т7065D/17117-471ОН No M2 slot!!!

alex_markov
06-17-2015, 07:01 AM
I have my G751Jy (ASUS G751JУ-Т7065D/17117-471ОН) for several months now. And just both Samsung SM951 256GB M2 SSD.
And what a surprise there is NO M2 slot soldered on my notebook!!! Place is empty! I called my local dealer and say there is not supposed to be one as it is not mentioned in asus.com specification http://www.asus.com/bg/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G751JY/specifications/ .
I am really pissed off now.

joshindaphils
06-17-2015, 08:15 AM
Yeah it has been well documented here, it is a bit of a lottery if you don't order a machine already with a M.2 HDD already.

Hopefully this can at least serve as a reminder to others to check for the slot before ordering a drive.

If you are feeling adventurous you could always order a device / adapter with a M.2 slot remove the slot and solder it to your laptop. If that is outside of your skillset try to find a shop to do it for you. This would would most likely void your warranty (if noticed).

Edweird
06-17-2015, 09:05 AM
Alex, I assume you are Bulgarian.
I have the T7065D model as well and mine didn't come with the M.2 slot, either. This is normal for models that don't come equipped with a M.2 drive at the time of purchase.

I had to RMA my laptop because of another issue and they changed the motherboard for me with one that has the connector.
Get in touch with MOST Computers (Sofia), they do warranty service for ASUS in Bulgaria. Call them on 0700 144 11. Maybe they will change the motherboard for you based on a claim you could make about an element not being installed in the factory.

I3elphegor
06-17-2015, 10:17 AM
Well at first I was sad that I don't have m.2 port either, but I have g751JT, so whatever. And after some time I always laugh when I think what must have happened in some Asus office.

Hope you will get your port someway!

alex_markov
06-17-2015, 02:43 PM
I am about to purchase Scheker XMG P505 and sale out G751Jy, since day one i had only problems with this Wonderful (on paper) laptop:
1. second (and third - DVD tray) SATA slot are SATA2???????? My Samsyn 840Evo is working half speed because of that :(
2. USB3 ports are "working" time to time and my external 2TB USB3 drive is fitted with USB2 cable in order to achieve successful backup :(
3. Red back light is not very well visible :(
4. Now this unsoldered M2 slot just tip the scale :(
P.S.
I am not even mention those 4.5 kg.
P.P.S.
In order to be fair - i Like Display, Speed and even sound

Edweird
06-17-2015, 03:38 PM
Good luck. Don't forget that with the 4.5kg comes excellent cooling...

beststevie
06-17-2015, 04:40 PM
Hi,

I had this slot and after RMA it was gone. Maybe the other guy in this thread got mine? :cool:

I gave it back and they changed the board once more and now there is it again. I'm working with this G751JT, too. Therefore I
can use the high transfer rate of the SM951 for doing simultaneous copy jobs of large files. But you always need a second device with
similar high transfer rate or more of them at the same time.

Just having this pretty peace of technical enthusiasm in your Rog Book, what do you intend to do with it? All application benchmarks
I've read are not really thrilling. The Sandisc Extreme which was delivered, is almost the same fast in most disciplines.

Ok the value in case of selling it might be a little bit higher, but If I wouldn't do cloning of virtual machines and so on, I would prefer to
invest my money for a larger SSD.

Bye

steve

kingjezdi
06-17-2015, 05:26 PM
I am about to purchase Scheker XMG P505 and sale out G751Jy, since day one i had only problems with this Wonderful (on paper) laptop:
1. second (and third - DVD tray) SATA slot are SATA2???????? My Samsyn 840Evo is working half speed because of that :(
2. USB3 ports are "working" time to time and my external 2TB USB3 drive is fitted with USB2 cable in order to achieve successful backup :(
3. Red back light is not very well visible :(
4. Now this unsoldered M2 slot just tip the scale :(
P.S.
I am not even mention those 4.5 kg.
P.P.S.
In order to be fair - i Like Display, Speed and even sound

huhu,

maybe u can buy the ASUS ROG G751JY T7162H, i have this one..it is with m2
or u wait for the G750, with 980M 8 GB Graphic, removeble Battery ... but i dont know, when Bulgarian get this one..

here: http://www.emag.ro/laptop-gaming-asus-cu-procesor-intelr-coretm-i7-4710hq-2-50ghz-haswelltm-17-3-full-hd-24gb-1tb-2-x-128gb-ssd-blu-ray-nvidia-geforce-gtx-980m-8gb-free-dos-black-g750jy-t4036d/pd/D8DZWBBBM/

https://www.alternate.be/ASUS/G750JY-T4009H-BE/html/product/1157367

alex_markov
07-15-2015, 07:25 AM
I RMA my laptop and mother board was exchanged (USB's are not working yet :( ) new motherboard Have M2 slot, BUT whenever i plug my SM951 (which is working perfectly on other laptops!) G751JY wont start on BIOS ROG logo HDD led start blinking and after nearly minute it shuts down :(

P.S.
I both Schenker P505 - Great laptop:
+light
+Fast
+M2 slot is present And Working!!!

-Screen is not as good as G751JY's
-Sound is no so good
-they mistaken invoice and after 2 weeks of "fight" to make it wright i have returned it :( because they cant fix invoice???