PDA

View Full Version : G74SX bag/case

thesting
12-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Hi,
does anybody know of something that holds this laptop for sure?
Price should be under 80$.

The only 2 ones I have found so far are Targus TCG200 17 CityGear, which
I dont like for the colours and because I read that the laptop sticks over
the protective corners.
The other one is Case Logic PNC-218, which I cant find for a good price here in Canada and international shipping cost make it overpriced.

Thanks

Looking4Answers
12-01-2011, 08:11 PM
I have the Targus TCG200 that I got for an older HP laptop a few years ago. It will fit when you take out the adjustable velcro strap (just barely). You should be able to find that case cheap, they have been making the same case for about 5 years now and if I remember correctly I only paid $30 from Bently (on Sale!!). The problem is that companies don't really make may cases for 17" laptops and this is even bigger that normal. Try looking at Swiss Gear, they make good quality cases that may fit this lappy.

Good Luck

JRd1st
12-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Check out the new sticky up top.

k2roo
12-01-2011, 11:01 PM
I just bought this little baby from Thermaltake Esports....... Battledragon Lanbag, its a LAN bagand and not only is there plenty of room for our beastly laptops it doubles as storage for everything else. I am currently in i different state in australia visiting family and this bag not only has my laptops and peripherals, it also helped me with my socks and undies, toiletries etc and it looks freaking cool and it only cost me $65Au.Its awesome and i would totally recommend it for its size and functionality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH8QF4nZ2EA

fostert
12-02-2011, 12:37 AM
I wouldn't recommend this: http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=894

Although it fits laptops up to 17.3", what t doesn't tell you is that it **barely** does. I bought this for my G74, and while it works, getting the G74 in and out of the chamber is causing stress on the stitches that sew that chamber pad to the backpack. I heard ripping the other day...yikes.

Myself am looking now at that new shuttle backpack that was posted today in the stickies.

WhirledNews
12-02-2011, 04:58 PM
I just bought this little baby from Thermaltake Esports....... Battledragon Lanbag, its a LAN bagand and not only is there plenty of room for our beastly laptops it doubles as storage for everything else. I am currently in i different state in australia visiting family and this bag not only has my laptops and peripherals, it also helped me with my socks and undies, toiletries etc and it looks freaking cool and it only cost me $65Au.Its awesome and i would totally recommend it for its size and functionality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH8QF4nZ2EA

That thing is freaking huge, no way am I going to lug that around the airport. Damn it, all I want is a Timbuk2 Command messenger bag but the largest one they make is a bit too small. Why cant anyone just make a normal bag, I don't want to tote around some shiny backpack.

thesting
12-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Well I have found myself a storage case, just ordered "Targus CPT401DUS Blacktop Deluxe Case With Dome".

I was hoping for more suggestions from you guys but thanks anyway :)

Btw the lanbag video is scary, that thing is like a black hole.

k2roo
12-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Lol, its big enough to carry our beast! No probs man, everyone to there own. I thought it was a bit big at the start also, but, it still has a carry strap and can also be used as a back pack, plus it also has plenty of padding. Good luck with your new bag.