PDA

View Full Version : Asus G74SX and Realtek HD Audio ?

Thorn2011
12-02-2011, 03:46 AM
I am a bit confused I must admit, I installed the latest Nvidia display drivers and I believe it has installed Realtek HD Audio drivers too which sound fine but I am having a problem when I go into the Realtek options, every speaker configuration but 1 is greyed out? In other words it has selected stereo 2 speaker config... I read about a fix for the speakers by using THX studio or something or other and selecting desktop speakers instead of laptop, how do I do that when I have Realtek HD Audio installed with no options?

Thanks, sorry for being a noob! Only a new laptop still! Should I uninstall the Realtek HD Audio drivers and install something else or is my laptop model different?

dstrakele
12-02-2011, 04:03 AM
You'll need the Realtek driver for your audio hardware. The single stereo speakers configuration is normal.

Creative THX TruStudio is pre-installed on your system to provide a non-configurable equalizer with 3 settings. The "Built-in Speakers" setting is not designed correctly, so it sounds tinny and has low volume. Switch to "External Speakers" or "Headphones".

If you update THX TruStudio, the problem "Built-In Speakers" setting will not load by default on Startup.

Alternatively, if you UNinstall THX TruStudio, an "Enhancements" tab in Realtek HD Audio Manager's Speaker section will provide a configurable equalizer.

Thorn2011
12-02-2011, 05:24 AM
You'll need the Realtek driver for your audio hardware. The single stereo speakers configuration is normal.

Creative THX TruStudio is pre-installed on your system to provide a non-configurable equalizer with 3 settings. The "Built-in Speakers" setting is not designed correctly, so it sounds tinny and has low volume. Switch to "External Speakers" or "Headphones".

If you update THX TruStudio, the problem "Built-In Speakers" setting will not load by default on Startup.

Alternatively, if you UNinstall THX TruStudio, an "Enhancements" tab in Realtek HD Audio Manager's Speaker section will provide a configurable equalizer.

I am not sure THX trustudio HAS been pre-installed on my Laptop I can't see it anywhere in my programs or on my desktop? That's what has me so confused apparently it should come pre-installed but it if it is I can't find it!

Thanks!

dstrakele
12-02-2011, 05:36 AM
Click "Start", then in the "Search programs and files" box, type THX. If Creative THX TruStudio is installed, that should find it.

Thorn2011
12-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Click "Start", then in the "Search programs and files" box, type THX. If Creative THX TruStudio is installed, that should find it.

OooooOOooo There it is ... wonder why it isn't either A: on my desktop or B: in the list of Windows Folders?

Thanks :) Sounds a bit better I guess a bit less tinny... set to desktop speakers that is. I was looking under T for THX btw it would help if I look under C for Creative ;)

Cat
12-02-2011, 02:06 PM
It should always be on the taskbar, among the other system icons. Press that little up-arrow next to the language bar to show the hidden ones.

Thorn2011
12-02-2011, 02:17 PM
It should always be on the taskbar, among the other system icons. Press that little up-arrow next to the language bar to show the hidden ones. Yeah it wasn't for some reason, found it in the Creative Folder and just copied the link to the desktop but while its set to 'Load with windows' it appears in the list of optional or 'hidden' programs in the taskbar.

Thanks!