PDA

View Full Version : drivers for g53sx wifi card that supports 32bit & drivers that support windows XP?

desmond0806
12-03-2011, 06:00 PM
err.. any?

BrodyBoy
12-03-2011, 06:50 PM
err.. any?
You need to determine exactly which WLAN card you have. (Manufacturer and model.) Then for that particular card, you find the driver for your particular operating system. If you're running Win 7 x32, then you need a Win7 32-bit driver. If you're running XP (are you???..why??), then you'd need to find an XP driver for that card.

desmond0806
12-04-2011, 01:29 AM
yea.. its under atheros... but its hard to find... haha well, some C compiler works better in windows XP environment, so i think i wan it.. :) err.. any other g53sx user has it/ know where to find? coz i hav trouble finding it.. its kinda difficult to find the right atheros wifi card driver... zz

BrodyBoy
12-04-2011, 01:41 AM
yea.. its under atheros... but its hard to find... haha well, some C compiler works better in windows XP environment, so i think i wan it.. :) err.. any other g53sx user has it/ know where to find? coz i hav trouble finding it.. its kinda difficult to find the right atheros wifi card driver... zz
What exactly are you looking for? If you tell me the card you have and which driver you need, I can probably help you find it.

(Just to be clear, you're installed XP on your G53? You're not talking about running in XP mode within Win 7?)

JRd1st
12-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Just go to the same places you go to download x64 drivers. There are almost always drivers for Vista/XP/wWin7 32 bit sometime denoted as x86.

If you're looking for a list of links for 32bit drivers neatly packaged for you you are few years too late.

Why are you running XP 32bit on a machine capable of so much more?