PDA

View Full Version : someone to help please sweet people

Brightside
12-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Hello

my laptop F5GL its not work well i dont know what happen i cant turn it on from power button its turn on only when i hit music button the one beside power button and its start with ASUS logo colors like express gate and then its turn off many time and sometime its work and sometime not, i think there is something messing with BIOS, i do update the BIOS but its not help, the laptop not start normaly with gray logo like normaly and its messing alot, hope someone to help
Best Regard

xeromist
12-05-2011, 07:21 PM
You could try completely removing the battery & power plug for several minutes to reset the whole thing but it sounds like there may be a failed component involved. Express Gate is a separate system which is why it may continue to work. You may have a bad motherboard or other component. Is it still under warranty?

Brightside
12-05-2011, 10:30 PM
thanks for reply bro, i do try it many times removed the battery for long time like hour, but its not help, its work fine but i cant turn it off of power button or start it from power button its turn on only if i hit music button beside power button ,,and now if i remove the battery and after that if i pulg it and turn laptop on its start with express gate, its happen after i try to install mac OS , i do that and mac OS work fine in my laptop then i get this probelm and i do now remove everything in the hard and its still the same, and my laptop not under warranty now.. thanks again

xeromist
12-06-2011, 12:17 AM
I'm not sure if yours has this, but do you see a little pinhole reset on the bottom? You would have to insert a paperclip to press it. I'm afraid that if you do not have this then there probably isn't anything that can be done without taking it apart. :(

Brightside
12-06-2011, 07:15 AM
thank you so much for faster reply, bro,, i do see a pinhole on the bottom its was right beside the RAM, but when i insert paperclip i just feel i hit nothing inside, and i do that while my laptop on but there is like nothing happen,, thanks again your best, and another question plz, i have external hard i used it to install mac on it to use it on my laptop, but after i format the hard from mac OS and install vista or xp OS the external hard not work now not show icon in computer and cant open it, just hear its plug in laptop but show nothing....

xeromist
12-07-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm sorry, I thought the laptop wasn't booting into Windows. Now I'm confused.:confused:

Anyway, my guess is that the external drive is formatted differently you probably need to go into Disk Management and reformat it. In Windows 7 you would right-click on My Computer and go to Manage. There is an option on the left for Disk Management and then it will show all attached drives on the right, even if they don't show in Explorer.

Brightside
12-23-2011, 07:56 AM
Hello
sorry for that i was so busy those days ago, yes i get it solved its was the fan so slow, i just opened the cover and get the fan out and then put oil on it and now its work good, no more turn off or messing.. thanks alot

Best Regards

chrsplmr
12-23-2011, 02:02 PM
awesome..... Brightside...happy ROG'n...dont be a stranger.c.

Brightside
12-24-2011, 12:29 AM
Happy ROG'n :) im not stranger ;) i would like to help anyone here too if i can :o..
tc