PDA

View Full Version : Quality of sound?

Robroy
12-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Hi all, just bought (waiting for it to arrive) a G53SX-XR1 and was wondering how the sound is on these laptops? HP has beats and toshiba has HK (if i recall correctly)...

thanks in advance

BrodyBoy
12-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Not good. Asus doesn't put much emphasis on built-in audio quality in their current notebooks. It's very typical, tinny laptop audio, at best.

JRd1st
12-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Asus has a TV commercial emphasizing how awesome the sound on one of their notebooks is. I guess that model got the good speakers.

BrodyBoy
12-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Asus has a TV commercial emphasizing how awesome the sound on one of their notebooks is. I guess that model got the good speakers.
I have one of their supposedly-great-sounding "multimedia" notebooks. It's got ICE power! Ooooh! It's got Bang & Olufsen! Super-Oooo!!

It's still just two little laptop speakers.....sounds a little better than the G74, but still just barely tolerable for music.

Robroy
12-05-2011, 12:47 AM
/sarcasm great.......

so that said, is there any type of upgrade to fix/replace the speakers? Of course you can get external speakers and/or headphones, but i was curious if there's some aftermarket speakers?

ty

Verruckt
12-05-2011, 01:14 PM
No, the XR1 is mine model, and it sucks.
No bass at all.