PDA

View Full Version : G53JW-3de Power issue!

Hildar
12-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm experiencing a problem with my G53.
This morning, I was working on the laptop just fine, but i had to go to work, so I turned off my laptop, got it in my backpack.

I ended up not even using it there. When I came back home, I got my laptop on the table, tried to turn it on and all that happened was that the power light and the 3 buttons on the left superior side of the keyboard (backlight, 3d vision etc) blinked for a sec and turned back off. I tried using only the battery, only the AC adapter and both together but with same results.

By the way, when I plug both battery and AC adapter, the green light meaning ethat battery is full is ON. When I attempt to turn it on though, after the laptop turns off (about half a second after pressing the ON button) the light turns off as well. I have to clear all energy activity (remove AC and battery and hold ON button for 30 seconds.) so I can get the light back, but it would go off again If i made another attempt to turn the laptop on.

Anybody had this problem before?? How did you guys fix it??

Thanks a lot and I wait for your response .

JRd1st
12-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Resseat your battery and drives, If that doesn't work reseat your ram sticks,

Hildar
12-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Resseat your battery and drives, If that doesn't work reseat your ram sticks,

I'm really sorry to ask this, but is this a known issue and this being a know fix???

I've opened my laptop before but it's not really something I like to do hehehe...

JRd1st
12-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Yes, this same exact thing has happened before when people have transported their notebooks.

Hildar
12-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Yes, this same exact thing has happened before when people have transported their notebooks.

Ok then..I'll get to it. By drives you mean HDs???

Ty

JRd1st
12-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Yes

Hildar
12-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Done it. Didn't work

JRd1st
12-05-2011, 01:48 PM
You did it with the RAM, too.

It seems weird that your notebook would die simply from being transported without even being turned on during the trip. I've seen this a few times and it's always something loose.

You may have to RMA it and hope it doesn't fix itself again, during transport. Either that or open it and try reseating some connectors, a fan connector or failed fan would do this, too. Sorry I can't help more . . . :( Look in the stickies for RMA info if you decide to go that route.

Hildar
12-08-2011, 01:53 PM
I've been able to isolate and work on the machine, but not fix it.

The problem is on the LID of the laptop. If I move it from a certain position, it makes the laptop crash. Any fixes? I really dont want to RMA it hehe

JRd1st
12-08-2011, 02:03 PM
What position does t work in? And have you tried an external monitor?

Look in the powercfg's for settings on what the notebook does what the lid is opened or closed.