PDA

View Full Version : error update g74sx bbk8

pepeniva
12-05-2011, 11:50 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/989a9d.png
do you guys happen to know this and how to fix it?

BrodyBoy
12-05-2011, 11:57 PM
It's the Intel Management Engine Interface. It adds some features meant primarily for enterprise environmetns, but it doesn't harm anything in standard single-user systems. I usually install it when I get an update for it, or a warning that it's missing.

pepeniva
12-06-2011, 03:42 AM
It's the Intel Management Engine Interface. It adds some features meant primarily for enterprise environmetns, but it doesn't harm anything in standard single-user systems. I usually install it when I get an update for it, or a warning that it's missing.

yes you usually install when you get an update but it doesnt asnwer my question, no offense.
you also said "a warning that it's missing"? do you mean i cant update/install this because i'm missing something/file?

dstrakele
12-06-2011, 04:13 AM
Here is an article that discusses how to force installation of the Intel MEI driver: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/intelr-management-enginge-interface/9273a27f-b8b9-4989-9dfc-1ed6cc2fea37

Alternatively, you could use Windows System Restore to restore your system to an earlier time and reattempt the installation of this update, preferably with Antivirus software disabled.

BrodyBoy
12-06-2011, 04:35 AM
You asked what it was and how to fix it. I told you what I know of it's application. It's a piece of Intel software....there's nothing to "fix." You install it or you don't.

If you want to know all the technical details of this program, google is your friend.

JRd1st
12-06-2011, 04:42 AM
You asked what it was and how to fix it. I told you what I know of it's application. It's a piece of Intel software....there's nothing to "fix." You install it or you don't.

If you want to know all the technical details of this program, google is your friend.

+1 :D

pepeniva
12-07-2011, 08:45 PM
this file isnt that serious,so i think i just have to hide update