PDA

View Full Version : HARD DISK "C" OF MY G750JS IS FULL but I am not able to discover why

francescoROG
06-19-2015, 04:48 PM
The hard disk "C" of my G750JS is full , 90 out of 95 GB, but I am not able to discover why. When I check in the disk I only find 50 GB of stuff (including also hidden files). In the last 3 days I noticed 10 GB more but I did not add any new program or uploaded new data... Do you know why? How can I handle this behavior?

code9523
06-19-2015, 08:24 PM
disable hibernation! It's copies all your ram capacity to hdd so if you have a lot of ram a lot of storage will be taken for nothing!

Maxter
06-19-2015, 11:16 PM
code9523 is right, open a command prompt with administrative privileges an type: powercfg /hibernate off
you could add "on" (without apostrophes) to turn it back on later. The only problem is that with hibernation off, it means you disable FastBoot.

francescoROG
08-12-2015, 10:02 AM
Many thanks guys. The file hiberfil.sys was exactly the problem. I have discovered that its default size is 75% of RAM. Given that I have 32 GB RAM, hiberfil.sys was stealing a lot of memory on disk. I have also discovered that by typing powercfg /h /size <percentage_size (0 – 100)> in the command prompt you can re-size the file hiberfil.sys. By assigning a 15% I was able to maintain the benefits of FastBoot and to recover space in the disk.