PDA

View Full Version : A few G751JL issues

eowens
06-19-2015, 09:07 PM
Just bought a new G751JL. Immediately after receiving it, I swapped out the 1TB hdd with a Samsung 850 EVO SSD. I made the ssd the boot drive and the hdd is a secondary. (once you've gone SSD, there is no going back ;-)). I also did a clean install of Windows 10 developer preview Build 10130. Typically, I would have held off for the RTM of Windows 10 but I had installed it on another older laptop (Dell Inspiron 5510) and have had very few problems with it, and I really don't like Windows 8.x.

Overall, its great but I am having a few problems. These are in no particular order:

1) Touchpad/Keyboard driver. Only Elan driver version 11.5.15.5 works. If a newer version is installed, mouse buttons don't work and no backlit keyboard. I have to plug in an external mouse and rollback to the prior version.

2) Random lock-ups and reboots. Happens once or twice a day. I haven't been able to tie it to a specific event, sometimes it appears to happen when I open an app or close an app (any app) but not always.

Looking through Event Viewer I see a lot of errors. Here are the ones that concern me the most.

Event ID 3 Kernel-EventTracing Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Event ID 54 Kernel-Processor power Collaborative processor power controls on processor X in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the manufacturer for updated firmware. (when this occurs, it gives this error for each processor , i.e. "processor 1", "processor 2", etc.

Event ID 486 ESENT SettingsSyncHost (4288) failed with system error 32 "process cannot access file, it is used by another process"

As I said, there are other errors but I understand what most of those are. Right now, my biggest concern is the rebooting. I'd like to avoid having to go back to the original configuration but if that's what's necessary to see if there is a genuine hardware problem, I will.

Anyone else with a similar configuration having the problems I am? or is anyone else with a similar configuration NOT having any issues?

Thanks

Clintlgm
06-19-2015, 09:41 PM
Lots of information and other that are working with the tech preview http://www.tenforums.com/forum.php