PDA

View Full Version : G75 DCIN faulty? Adapter turns off; not charging computer.

Boycandy
06-20-2015, 09:05 PM
So, I was watching a movie on Netflix using my now 3-year old G75. I paused the film, went and made some dinner for about 45 minutes, then I returned. My machine was completely dead at this point. I had plugged an external Samsung TV into it, through an ONKYO amplifier connected to a surround system. There's been ups and downs with it (everything from the headphones/sub. Lighted keyboard-Black screen. Refusing to turn on. Etc) But this one is new; when I plug in my charger, the adapter turns off. When I just plug it into the wall, the little green led light turns on, but when I then plug it into the computer, the led turns off. I have tried using the charger without the battery plugged in. I've tried waiting for an extended period of time, but to no avail. It won't charge. Which again makes my computer unresponsive.

The issue lies with the machine, since the charger works fine. (I'm quite sure of)

Will I need to send it in for repairs? This really, really, really sucks.

Boycandy
06-23-2015, 12:56 PM
bump

hasee.b
04-15-2016, 07:42 PM
The same issue happened with my 2.5 year old Asus G751jt. Laptop battery are 50 percent charged. I can still turn on laptop.
But as soon as I plug in my charger, the yellow light turn off on charger.

As your post is old, did you find out any solution?

hasee.b
04-16-2016, 06:23 PM
Bump