PDA

View Full Version : just a quick question...

AQUASTEVAE
12-08-2011, 11:12 PM
disregard this message...

dstrakele
12-08-2011, 11:36 PM
My! My! What big teeth you have!

I wish I was at your house. I have a hankerin' to do some snorkelin' and/or scuba divin'!

AQUASTEVAE
12-09-2011, 02:42 AM
My! My! What big teeth you have!

I wish I was at your house. I have a hankerin' to do some snorkelin' and/or scuba divin'!
well i'm not even at my house right now. i'm actually in colorado right now. but will be back in fiji in another week, and would love to have you. come down any time, and i will take you for the dives of your life!

that said, i do have one question. do you guys remove the stickers on the palm rest's, or do you leave them on? i have always removed any stickers from my other laptops, but am on the fence with this one.

BrodyBoy
12-09-2011, 02:46 AM
that said, i do have one question. do you guys remove the stickers on the palm rest's, or do you leave them on? i have always removed any stickers from my other laptops, but am on the fence with this one.
I take most of them off, although those little ones on the left are still there.

Colonelsoh
12-09-2011, 02:49 AM
Well i take most of them off and paste it on my little ROG sticker book :D

fostert
12-09-2011, 04:05 AM
I've left em on since I got the G74 (9 weeks now), afraid of leaving a mark if I take 'em off.

AQUASTEVAE
12-09-2011, 04:24 AM
I've left em on since I got the G74 (9 weeks now), afraid of leaving a mark if I take 'em off.

well, i took the big one on the right side off, and put it on the bottom, between the access panel and the rear vents. looks good there, and it didn't leave a mark. i think it looks better with out it on the palm rests.
another funny thing, is i just now took the plastic cover off of the trackpad. feels better now. i've been using the trackpad with the plastic over it all this time. lol. funny how we act with new things...

BrodyBoy
12-09-2011, 04:29 AM
another funny thing, is i just now took the plastic cover off of the trackpad. feels better now. i've been using the trackpad with the plastic over it all this time. lol. funny how we act with new things...
You're not the first to do this......just the first to admit it! ;)

dstrakele
12-09-2011, 04:47 AM
Hello, My name is Drew and I am a new gadget protective cover addict. I left the clear plastic covers on my touchpad and wireless router for 3 weeks... I've since removed them and am getting on with my life.

AQUASTEVAE
12-09-2011, 04:47 AM
You're not the first to do this......just the first to admit it! ;)

i've got no shame! lol

but i have to say, that now i have all drivers loaded and this computer is absolutely awesome!!!! so fast with the new 256 m4 ssd. i llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllove it.

BrodyBoy
12-09-2011, 07:49 AM
i've got no shame! lol

but i have to say, that now i have all drivers loaded and this computer is absolutely awesome!!!! so fast with the new 256 m4 ssd. i llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllove it.
I'm so glad you've got everything working great and don't have any issues with your G74! (The WLAN thing's a tiny bump in the road.) You're in such a unique situation, having to get everything while you're on this trip, and no way to get parts or service once you get back home. I was keeping my fingers crossed that you wouldn't get one of those funky keyboards or touchpads from hell.

But it sounds like you got a perfect machine! I imagine the new Intel card arrives soon? Then you'll be good to go!