PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G53SX-S1143V recovery

Criton
12-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Hi All,

can i delete the recovery partiton and reformat the HDD? (delete the Recovery partiton?)
Because, i have an SSD installed, and i want to use it for Windows 7 64bit HUN.

Other question: can i buy the recovery DISC for my Modell in Europe, Hungary? Estore is only for US and Canada :(

Sry for my bad English

Criton
12-09-2011, 09:12 AM
If I install clean Windows 7, what driver and software need to install?

BrodyBoy
12-09-2011, 09:25 AM
You can delete the recovery partition....it's not required for normal use of the computer. I don't know if the recovery disk is available where you are, but if you actually want to have that recovery option, you would save an awful lot of money by just running AI Recovery to make your own set of recovery DVDs. It takes about 1:45 hrs, but you only have to do it once, then you can delete the recovery partition and always have a copy of it.

For a clean install, you need the Windows Installer ISO for your edition of Windows, and then the essential drivers for your model.

Criton
12-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks for your answer.
With the essential disc do you mean the driver disc?
When yes, i cant install the BT driver from the disc, no error, it says only installing and do nothing...

BrodyBoy
12-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Thanks for your answer.
With the essential disc do you mean the driver disc?
When yes, i cant install the BT driver from the disc, no error, it says only installing and do nothing...
No...not the driver disk. The whole point of doing a clean install is to get rid of all the extra junk Asus loaded on your computer. If you just re-install all of that (with the "Install All" button), you basically end up with the same bloated machine you started with.

And even if you carefully picked just the drivers you actually need, the ones on the driver disk are usually outdated.

So the best way is to install WIndows, then install the basic drivers:

Intel 6 Series Chipset Driver
Intel RST
Asus ATK package
Graphics driver
Realtek HD Audio driver
Fresco USB 3.0 driver
Touchpad driver
Ethernet driver
WLAN driver
Bluetooth driver (if applicable & needed)
MultiCard Reader driver

The latest versions of all these drivers are linked in the first post of the Driver, Apps, and How-To's thread. (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5224-Drivers-Apps-and-How-to-s&p=38072&viewfull=1#post38072)

Criton
12-09-2011, 09:56 AM
and i need the Power4Gear?

BrodyBoy
12-09-2011, 09:59 AM
and i need the Power4Gear?
No, the only Asus software you actually NEED is the ATK Package. Everything else is optional.

Criton
12-09-2011, 10:05 AM
ok thanks, then the other SW from Asus is optional.
I have somewhere read here, that the Power4Gear is important...

BrodyBoy
12-09-2011, 10:10 AM
ok thanks, then the other SW from Asus is optional.
I have somewhere read here, that the Power4Gear is important...
It's just a utility, an interface that sits over Windows Power Management and offers some preset power profiles. It's not required for the computer or any other software to work.

JRd1st
12-09-2011, 10:15 AM
P4g is needed to give function to your RoG button and it adds a couple of power profiles. Some say its useless but i like it and feel that a button that does nothing is more useless.

Read the manual for more info.

Criton
12-09-2011, 10:15 AM
ok thanks :)

Criton
12-09-2011, 10:59 AM
If i install the OS and the recommends driver on the SSD, need i configure Windows 7? I mean Indexing..Defragmenter and so on...

JRd1st
12-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Don't use the Windows Defrag on an SSD. Use Trim or any utility you got with your SSD.

I ALWAYS turn disk indexing off on ALL my drives. It speeds up disk searches, but slows down everything else.

No matter what, you'll still need to install drivers and configure windows the way you want it. I'm not sure what you mean. :confused: