PDA

View Full Version : K53SV issues

Barrios
12-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Hi all, a week ago i bought the noteboook A53SV. AI Recovery Burner program informed me that I had to make up the system, I realized that Recovery (R: ) drive was created.Ai recovery burner informed that i had to make a back up of the system so i try to make it, but i had problems with AI Recovery and I could not burn the recovery dvd right away then. I had to hide the partition (R: ) with Acronis software and at the end I finally could burn the DVDs. But when I restart the laptop I noticed that on my PC, the hard disk drive Recovery (R: ) is still there. Is that supposed to keep it that way or how do i make to eliminate that space...

And the other problem is that every time I turn on my laptop, when asus logos appears, the cd drive makes a strange sound, as if seeking to read a cd or like the sound that makes the unit when I try to open it. Its difficult to explain the sound, but it is annoying, because it appears every time I turn the laptop and every time I try to log in from sleep mode. I'm not sure if it's a normal sound emitted by laptops. How could i fix this?

Excuseme if i ask to many questions. The laptops is recently purchased and im not a computer expert. And to add my english its not my first language.

Thank you so much. i'd appreciate any comments or suggestions. :)

PS I dont know if im in the right section, otherwise feel free to move me to the right one.

fuzon1337
12-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi

I haven't used the AI Recovery Burner before, since I know that you have a recovery partition that you can activate when you're booting your notebook up and see the Asus logo and then hit F9 repeatedly, so you can access to do a clean install on your notebook :)

About your other question I'm not sure either but when I'm booting up I can here a sound from the CD-drive like it's reading something, and there is no CD in it, so I would say it is meant to be like that. So thats not to be worried about (if your not sure about that sound you could ask a friend or if you have an another notebook in your home, to see if it they also make the same sound when booting up. :)

Barrios
12-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Hi

I haven't used the AI Recovery Burner before, since I know that you have a recovery partition that you can activate when you're booting your notebook up and see the Asus logo and then hit F9 repeatedly, so you can access to do a clean install on your notebook :)

About your other question I'm not sure either but when I'm booting up I can here a sound from the CD-drive like it's reading something, and there is no CD in it, so I would say it is meant to be like that. So thats not to be worried about (if your not sure about that sound you could ask a friend or if you have an another notebook in your home, to see if it they also make the same sound when booting up. :)

Thanks man, i've done a clean install on my asus and all works perfectly, ..sorry for the delay.
Happy holidays.