PDA

View Full Version : <old> G Series Notebooks USEFUL THREADS - check here first!

_
12-10-2011, 04:32 AM
All G Series:

Fixing TwinTurbo issues

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?3062-Fixing-TwinTurbo-issues

Any Kind of Lag and Atheros WiFi Card

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5126-Any-Kind-of-Lag-and-Atheros-WiFi-Card

Drivers, Apps, and How-to's - latest updated

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5224-Drivers-Apps-and-How-to-s

G73/74/53 Series Driver and Application Reference - old not updated

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1150-G73-74-53-Series-Driver-and-Application-Reference

Sandybridge Throttle Issue and Workaround

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?3322-Sandybridge-Throttle-Issue-and-Workaround

Latest NVIDIA drivers: Official, Beta, and Modded

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5517-Latest-NVIDIA-drivers-Official-Beta-and-Modded

G74 related threads:

How to upgrade the G74 memory and HDD

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?6986-How-to-upgrade-the-G74SX-A1-gaming-laptop

More Accurate 2 Finger Vertical Scrolling with Touchpad

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5524-More-Accurate-2-Finger-Vertical-Scrolling-with-Touchpad

Low Audio on G74SX? Here's the fix

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?3168-Low-Audio-on-G74SX-Here-s-the-fix

G74SX Keyboard Issues? ATK 1.0.00010 / BIOS 202 Available (SOLVED)

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?3076-G74SX-Keyboard-Issues-ATK-1.0.00010-BIOS-202-Available-(SOLVED)

G73 related threads:

Troubleshooting ASUS G73 Touchpad Problems

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?883-Troubleshooting-ASUS-G73-Touchpad-Problems

G73JH GPU Overheating Observations and Suggestions (Read This First)

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?946-G73JH-GPU-Overheating-Observations-and-Suggestions-(Read-This-First)

G73Jh GSOD Vbios Update

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?519-G73Jh-GSOD-Vbios-Update

G60VX Performance Guide:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?8956-How-To-G60VX-Massive-Performance-Boost&highlight=massive+performance+boost

AMD GPU users:

Performance Tip for AMD GPU users for stutter/lag

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2639-Performance-Tip-for-AMD-GPU-users-for-stutter-lag

BrodyBoy
12-10-2011, 05:50 AM
Where are these threads now located, so that we can access them directly instead of having to go through this list? This format makes them pretty useless.

PILGRIM
12-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Please bring back the stickies to their previous setup for a more direct access.

If not,.. at least put color variations to the threads' sub-headings for easier reading (like what JRd1st did to his stickies).

JRd1st
12-10-2011, 07:40 AM
It seems Asus wants users to see the RMA guide before anything else. OK, np...

JRd1st
12-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Where are these threads now located, so that we can access them directly instead of having to go through this list? This format makes them pretty useless.
They unstuck the stickies.

380mcn
12-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Asus Trolling Hard:
Spends moneys downgrading the forum, does nothing to support the drivers page, but sometimes puts updated files on the FTP server among the zillion others files..

PILGRIM
12-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Asus Trolling Hard:
Spends moneys downgrading the forum, does nothing to support the drivers page, but sometimes puts updated files on the FTP server among the zillion others files..

+1

If the admin really wanted to organize this site's format better, then it should do more than this.

I've been straining my eyes just to find where the particular stickies are.. (white and gray font combo are never good for me)

The stickies that were on the main page previously, were there for two reasons- faster and better access.

Now, this?

JRd1st
12-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Maybe since those stickies were stickied by people authorized by Asus, they felt they were an admission of the issues. Asus seems to like ignoring issues, like bad touchpads, gaming machines with a useless numpad, gimped bios setups, throtteling cpu's, and Atheros Wifi Driver 9.0.0.222.

PILGRIM
12-10-2011, 03:43 PM
@ASUS,

Hello?

Playing deaf, or just plainly insensitive?..

JRd1st
12-10-2011, 04:18 PM
@ASUS,

Hello?

Playing deaf, or just plainly insensitive?..

I think "insensitive" is the best way to describe it. Just the same as Red China reacts to human rights issues. I'm not sayingn this is in anynway comparable in magnitude, only in the way they stick their heads in the sand or react negatively.

BTW, whatever happened to Chastity. Must be one hell of a long training period... :rolleyes:

PILGRIM
12-10-2011, 05:10 PM
I think "insensitive" is the best way to describe it. Just the same as Red China reacts to human rights issues. I'm not sayingn this is in anynway comparable in magnitude, only in the way they stick their heads in the sand or react negatively.

Ha ha!.. Hey there, JRd1st.

Now we're going political.:) I guess you know the saying "Don't believe everything you hear (or read)". IMO, Human rights violations (in whatever form) are prevalent in most, if not all countries.

You might (or mightn't) be surprised if I tell you that for all the bad press China has been painted to be (especially in the west), it's NOT that bad as per my observation. In fact, most of the Chinese I encountered (and befriended many) said they're generally satisfied with their government's policies. Like most South Asians, Chinese people are hospitable and friendly people. They're a peace-loving lot, too. Although there will always be rotten eggs with the good ones, but what country doesn't?

In case you haven't visited China yet, I would encourage you to come and see for yourself this beautiful yet enigmatic place and its people. Then you can see for yourself that expanding our "own world" could be really enlightening.:)

JRd1st
12-10-2011, 05:27 PM
I wasn't referring to the Chinese people, I was referring to the govt.

PILGRIM
12-10-2011, 05:51 PM
I wasn't referring to the Chinese people, I was referring to the govt.

But the people's reactions are directly related to their government's policies, wouldn't you say?

As I've opined, human rights issues are prevalent to most, if not all countries.

For what average Joe can fully know what his government is really doing behind the scenes?

All I'm saying is, China may or may not be culpable of these violations. But I'm pretty sure it's not the only one.

Maybe you should look at your own backyard, for starters?..

Anyways, back to the main issue... @ASUS, hello?

PILGRIM
12-10-2011, 06:31 PM
BTW, whatever happened to Chastity. Must be one hell of a long training period... :rolleyes:

+1

@Chastity: Guess everybody is missing you now..

JRd1st
12-10-2011, 08:04 PM
OK, let's say Asus seems to be obdurate.

tirezege
12-11-2011, 10:00 AM
I didn't find this style of forum useful. This way, we can't see if anyone new replied to these topics. We have to check them one by one and try to remember if we already read the last reply or it is new.

I liked the new design though, just a couple of touches and hopefully it will be perfect. If they actually care to change it back ofcourse.

dstrakele
12-11-2011, 08:21 PM
I didn't find this style of forum useful. This way, we can't see if anyone new replied to these topics. We have to check them one by one and try to remember if we already read the last reply or it is new.

Actually, if someone does reply to any of the linked formerly-sticky threads, they will appear at the top of the regular thread list with an icon that a new post is available for you to read, just like any of the other threads. You won't have to check them one by one.

JRd1st
12-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Actually, if someone does reply to any of the linked formerly-sticky threads, they will appear at the top of the regular thread list with an icon that a new post is available for you to read, just like any of the other threads. You won't have to check them one by one.

But if you wanted to copy the link to refer it to a newb then you'd have to look for it. The whole idea of stickies is that they can be found quickly by newb and volunteers alike.

dstrakele
12-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Not really - the link to the former sticky thread is right below its title in the first post in this thread. You could copy it right from that post.

Boosted_R
12-13-2011, 01:57 AM
Why didn't that ASUS person link the Tread to the name, kinda ridicilous,........... i think they need to take some tips from JRd1st

Hard to read too with those colors, Gray and White???? the purple and white is way better............ If ASUS is going put most stickies in one tread, fine but at least DO IT RIGHT !!!!

BrodyBoy
12-13-2011, 02:59 AM
Why didn't that ASUS person link the Tread to the name, kinda ridicilous,........... i think they need to take some tips from JRd1st

Hard to read too with those colors, Gray and White???? the purple and white is way better............ If ASUS is going put most stickies in one tread, fine but at least DO IT RIGHT !!!!
+1 "Embedding Links" (aka "How to use online forums 101" ;))

Icemanforlife
12-14-2011, 04:06 AM
What happened to Chastity? Is she coming back?

BrodyBoy
12-14-2011, 08:31 PM
What happened to Chastity? Is she coming back?
She works for Asus now.

PILGRIM
12-17-2011, 05:32 PM
@MarshallR@ASUS:

A good day to you, sir.

I've mentioned in my previous posts to this thread about the issues regarding the essential (users/volunteers) stickies that you've aggregated along with the others, into this sticky. And I've confirmed I'm not the only one having problems with this new setup.

Now, sir, would you be so kind as to at least give this a little of your precious time, and comment/respond? It's as if we're talking to a wall here..

I've noticed it's been more than a week now, and after all these users responses, not even a "Huh?" nor anything, has been heard from you..

And don't tell me you've been busy, because I've seen your posts in some new threads this week.

Well,.. I'm JUST a member of this forum, maybe nothing significant to you.. But I've been a six (6) years ASUS costumer. Within those years, I've bought four (4) ASUS laptops (not counting the free adverts I've given to my sphere of influence, to buy your ASUS laptops).

And since I assume you're an ASUS employee (thereby, being it's representative here), I demand more than this "stonewalling".

All I wanted to know was whether you're amenable or not to what the forum members are saying. Are they good or not?

To encapsulate all the comments to this "new sticky thread", I, for one, DOESN'T find this user friendly.

I digress.

JRd1st
12-17-2011, 05:40 PM
@MarshallR@ASUS:

A good day to you, sir.

I've mentioned in my previous posts to this thread about the issues regarding the essential (users/volunteers) stickies that you've aggregated along with the others, into this sticky. And I've confirmed I'm not the only one having problems with this new setup.

Now, sir, would you be so kind as to at least give this a little of your precious time, and comment/respond? It's as if we're talking to a wall here..

I've noticed it's been more than a week now, and after all these users responses, not even a "Huh?" nor anything, has been heard from you..

And don't tell me you've been busy, because I've seen your posts in some new threads this week.

Well,.. I'm JUST a member of this forum, maybe nothing significant to you.. But I've been a six (6) years ASUS costumer. Within those years, I've bought four (4) ASUS laptops (not counting the free adverts I've given to my sphere of influence, to buy your ASUS laptops).

And since I assume you're an ASUS employee (thereby, being it's representative here), I demand more than this "stonewalling".

All I wanted to know was whether you're amenable or not to what the forum members are saying. Are they good or not?

To encapsulate all the comments to this "new sticky thread", I, for one, DOESN'T find this user friendly.

I digress.
All I'll say is +1 ;)

380mcn
12-17-2011, 05:53 PM
All I'll say is +1 ;)

i will write +2!

PILGRIM
12-20-2011, 05:37 PM
..There's a saying where I came from..

"You can't awaken someone who's pretending to be asleep."

AQUASTEVAE
12-22-2011, 09:35 AM
You might (or mightn't) be surprised if I tell you that for all the bad press China has been painted to be (especially in the west), it's NOT that bad as per my observation. In fact, most of the Chinese I encountered (and befriended many) said they're generally satisfied with their government's policies. Like most South Asians, Chinese people are hospitable and friendly people. They're a peace-loving lot, too. Although there will always be rotten eggs with the good ones, but what country doesn't?

In case you haven't visited China yet, I would encourage you to come and see for yourself this beautiful yet enigmatic place and its people. Then you can see for yourself that expanding our "own world" could be really enlightening.:)

man, i don't know where you live, but i lived in china for years and years, and my experiences are extremely different than what you write.
and most chinese people are too afraid to mention anything bad about the gov to a westerner. try asking them about tenimen(spelling?) square. you will then get a small sense of what i am talking about. the human rights atrocities in china are on a scale that only a few african countries can contend with. open your eyes and just look at the situations with the world's largest dam. research that and you will start to see what i am talking about. oh yeah, i forgot, you can't research that, as china sensors the internet. i lived in china and taiwan for many years, and i can tell you first hand, that it angers me for you to try to play down what they do, and even more so when you try to compare it with us.

PILGRIM
12-22-2011, 01:55 PM
man, i don't know where you live, but i lived in china for years and years, and my experiences are extremely different than what you write.
and most chinese people are too afraid to mention anything bad about the gov to a westerner. try asking them about tenimen(spelling?) square. you will then get a small sense of what i am talking about. the human rights atrocities in china are on a scale that only a few african countries can contend with. open your eyes and just look at the situations with the world's largest dam. research that and you will start to see what i am talking about. oh yeah, i forgot, you can't research that, as china sensors the internet. i lived in china and taiwan for many years, and i can tell you first hand, that it angers me for you to try to play down what they do, and even more so when you try to compare it with us.

Well, I'm still here in China for 6 years until now (and, BTW, i live in Guangdong). And still my aforementioned perception about this country hasn't changed a bit.

Personally, China is a safer place to live than in my own country, the Philippines. I can go out here even at the wee hours of the night having a relative feeling of safety (China has total gun ban imposed nationwide).
Have you ever been to Manila and tried roaming around the streets at night?

I don't have your "years and years" of China experience. Perhaps, it's the reason why I can only see China according to my myopic perception.

But let me put this in context.
In my previous post, I mentioned "In fact, most of the Chinese I encountered (and befriended many) said they're generally satisfied with their government's policies". And I had about a hundred or so Chinese friends and/or acquaintances that I ACTUALLY met and had several conversations with. Though they also have disagreements with some of their government's policies (e.g. media censorship,etc), they still feel their government is driving them rightly towards socio-economic progress, for the past 10 years or so.

In your post, you said "and most chinese people are too afraid to mention anything bad about the gov to a westerner". Seriously, do you have the facts to verify it? Or have you improbably asked those "most chinese people" one by one, and they all said they're afraid to talk about their government? Have you ever joined or browsed any Chinese netizens' blogs (there are some in English)? IMHO, unless one can provide hard facts, a sweeping generalization like this could be really just as subjective at best.

The Tiananmen Square Protest in 1989, was indeed, one of China's human rights issues. It was a flicker of hope for a revolution. But it was a revolution for government reforms, not a revolution to overthrew the government. Tragically, the government's decision to open fire and kill a number of the predominantly student-protesters, was criminal in itself. The mis-relocation of millions of affected people and the inundation of many historical sights to build the Three-Gorges Dam angered not just the Westerners, but more so with the Chinese. And let these experiences be like fire, and burn in the hearts of the younger Chinese generation in their search for happiness, and a change for the better..

And then you said "it angers me for you to try to play down what they do, and even more so when you try to compare it with us".
I apologize if I've touched your sense of justice and/or propriety. But let me get this straight: I never down played what the China government has or hasn't done regarding human rights violations. I'm merely echoing what I've heard from the Chinese people I've encountered. Now, if that's down playing to you, so be it.

BTW, (just curious) where in China have you lived before?

EDIT:I'm beginning to regret writing/replying posts to this off-topic issue.. I knew they were out of place, but still, I was drawn into it. It would be fine with me if the admin decided to delete them. My apologies to all..

PILGRIM
12-26-2011, 02:09 AM
Merry Christmas, everyone!:D

BrodyBoy
12-26-2011, 02:39 AM
Merry Christmas, everyone!:D
Thank you!! From me as well....Happy Holidays to all!

PILGRIM
12-30-2011, 05:39 AM
Another suggestion to the admin:

How about making a thread on this sticky, a detailed "Dummy's Guide" (or something) for newbie laptop owners who would want to optimize theirs?

There's an on-going trend of newbie owners posting similar threads asking how to optimize/maximize
their laptop usage.

Thanks.

OtherSyde
01-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Well I made one for the archives; here's my contribution for G-series optimizations/mods, I tried to be as researched and thorough as possible.

It's sort of along the lines of what PILGRIM is asking for in that last post, although some of the processor-swapping and overclocking stuff might be a little advanced for many newbies.

How-To: G60VX Massive Performance Boost (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?8956-How-To-G60VX-Massive-Performance-Boost&highlight=massive+performance+boost)

ColonelS
02-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Updated the color variations.

Let me know if is still too hard to read