PDA

View Full Version : weird framerate, is this kind of throttle ?

chemicalx
12-10-2011, 01:42 PM
I was playing Modern Warfare 2 on G53sw, full HD, max setting. I attached 2 screenshots showing the weird framerate, I expected this game should run at ~45fps but sometimes it drops to <30 fps without any specially heavy graphic.
As you see in the screenshot, no heavy graphic appeared on the scene, I just ran around the area and noticed the fps range from <30 to >60 :(
Is this caused by the game or kind of throttle ?

chemicalx
12-10-2011, 04:16 PM
really sorry for bothering everyone :D I have figured out the cause, somehow the system was turned into Quiet Office without my notice (no doubt why performance dropped significantly).

JRd1st
12-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Cool! Glad you figured it out. :)

BrodyBoy
12-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Cool! Glad you figured it out. :)
(And once again.....P4G rears its intrusive head....! ;) I'm just sayin'...... )

potna
12-11-2011, 07:24 AM
can i hijack this thread??

ok everyone in a while i have a bf3 game drop to low teens on fps. i noticed that this is somehow related to me using wmp64 bit before i play bf3 or while paused, i cant remember, but it definitely has to do with wmp 64bit. the only fix i have found is a reboot.

could this somehow be triggered by this throttle stuff? if so how can i tell?

eskion
12-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Good question, and I have one similar.
Playing BF2142, single player, medium video settings, and the game gets laggy. P4G is set to hi performance, don't have anything running in the background, no winamp, not burning a movie, ripping a cd...this laptop just pisses me off....
G53JW