PDA

View Full Version : [Request] TrueCrypt Hardware AES support

ace7
12-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Hello Everyone

I got the g74sx and its one of the best laptops I've seen and used.

However the processor in my laptop is a core i7 2630QM and according to the intel site, this processor should support AES New Instructions. When I want to enable this is Truecrypt for Hardware AES acceleration is says that my CPU does not support this.

I bet this has something to do with a BIOS function that is missing or not programmed into the BIOS.

So I would like to make a request to enable Hardware AES Acceleration support on the G74SX

If you guys make this happen then the laptop is perfect. Please consider adding this support, and if there is any other way to enable this right now, please let me know.

Im sure many others also wants support for this.

Thanks

BrodyBoy
12-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Have you hunted around in the current BIOS? I've never noticed it in there, but then I haven't actually looked for it. I'd heard that too, that some manufacturers disabled it for some mobile i7s, but I don't know why. * It's not something I've ever had a need for, so I never looked into it.

* Maybe they think we're all idiots and the G74's "dumbed-down BIOS" is their way to idiot-proof the G-series. 'Cause, of course, all the problems with previous generations were just user error!

ace7
12-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Have you hunted around in the current BIOS? I've never noticed it in there, but then I haven't actually looked for it. I'd heard that too, that some manufacturers disabled it for some mobile i7s, but I don't know why. * It's not something I've ever had a need for, so I never looked into it.

* Maybe they think we're all idiots and the G74's "dumbed-down BIOS" is their way to idiot-proof the G-series. 'Cause, of course, all the problems with previous generations were just user error!
Got the 203 BIOS, and as far as I can see there is no options for it.

I mostly only encrypt the whole partition where the OS is and with my kind of usage its the most "important" one.

Dont get me wrong I can still encrypt it without problems but i would like to use all of my features that my processor has support for.