PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded G74 from Ebay Online Store

Leish
12-11-2011, 05:29 AM
So I saw an upgraded G74 with upgraded processor, 16gb RAM, and modified hard drives with the option to purchase a SSD as the primary hard drive.

Where I live, the only option for the G74 is the 3D version with lousier RAM, processing speed etc.

What I would like to know is, having trawled the forums it seems that there are alot of problems that can potentially arise in a new out of box G74 which may require the manufacturer or retailer to exchange for a new one.

Given the above modifications to the laptop, if the laptop screen starts flickering or has a fixed pixel or if the trackpad goes crazy, which are components that I have not modified, is the warranty still valid?

If not, then are there any sites where I can purchase a modified/upgraded laptop that will still be covered under ASUS global warranty?

The retailer in question is computerupgradeking

Thanks for any advice :/

potna
12-11-2011, 07:20 AM
i too would like to know this. i bought mine very lightly used and i have had no issues i would call a defect, sound sucked but they made it that way on purpose, i run hiccupee beta video drivers, but thats how beta goes. my latops has 9 months of warranty but i wonder it it only goes to the original purchaser.