PDA

View Full Version : true sound fix

potna
12-11-2011, 07:05 AM
short time reader, first poster

anyways i came here about a month ago trying to figure out if my laptops sound was broke or what

some of you came up with a fix but it was more of a band aid that falls off quickly

i dont know if this has been posted before, but heres my fix and its super simple, i may have gotten the idea here

uninstall thx crap

now my sound is loud and has the volume a laptop of this build should have.

its so lound that i usualy now have to turn it down to about 1/3- 1/2, instead of maxed out and still barely hearing it. when bombs go off you can feel it in the palm rest

i dont know about you, but i was so disapointed with the volume that i thought " how can i even use this thing to watch a movie on this sitting 4 or 5 ft away....well now i can easily hear this thing even turned way down with this fix.

i notice a lot of you guys are afraid to do basic stuff like this, dont be. as long as your not throwing this thing down the stairs you can almost always fix computers with a little patience and some reading. most problems seem to be that eveyone is intimidated, maybe they are afraid of voiding warranty, and i am sure asus thanks you for this, but dont be afraid to make it yours.

anyways, i am new to asus, but i love this g74. i own a computer sales and repair show and since i got this laptop i have been pushing them. i have only sold 1 or 2, but 3 months ago i would have skipped right over this brand if i hadn't had a deal fall in my lap

anyways, props to asus and this board, i hope i can be a contributor down the road.

thanks

BrodyBoy
12-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Is this supposed to be a joke?

kultus
12-11-2011, 08:52 AM
If you will uninstall THX you will get terrible sound quality unless you will play with equalizer and effects in realtek control panel

neenja
12-11-2011, 06:52 PM
i think we just got trolled.

380mcn
12-12-2011, 04:35 PM
short time reader, first poster

anyways i came here about a month ago trying to figure out if my laptops sound was broke or what

some of you came up with a fix but it was more of a band aid that falls off quickly

i dont know if this has been posted before, but heres my fix and its super simple, i may have gotten the idea here

uninstall thx crap

now my sound is loud and has the volume a laptop of this build should have.

its so lound that i usualy now have to turn it down to about 1/3- 1/2, instead of maxed out and still barely hearing it. when bombs go off you can feel it in the palm rest

i dont know about you, but i was so disapointed with the volume that i thought " how can i even use this thing to watch a movie on this sitting 4 or 5 ft away....well now i can easily hear this thing even turned way down with this fix.

i notice a lot of you guys are afraid to do basic stuff like this, dont be. as long as your not throwing this thing down the stairs you can almost always fix computers with a little patience and some reading. most problems seem to be that eveyone is intimidated, maybe they are afraid of voiding warranty, and i am sure asus thanks you for this, but dont be afraid to make it yours.

anyways, i am new to asus, but i love this g74. i own a computer sales and repair show and since i got this laptop i have been pushing them. i have only sold 1 or 2, but 3 months ago i would have skipped right over this brand if i hadn't had a deal fall in my lap

anyways, props to asus and this board, i hope i can be a contributor down the road.

thanks

+1!

1 month ago I uninstalled thx and installed SRS Audio Lab, only worked about 1 week, than magically started to crash, and then it didn't even started (missing services, missing library whatever) spend hours on the web on foruns and gave up

installed THX Studio Pro.. it lasted 3 hours. No control whatoever about 3D spacial volume, trubass, etc..

than i uninstalled thx and realktek software and drivers..

installed latest alc269 drivers from realtek, set equlizer to Powerful and ambient to Forest and voilá!
The sound is not very good, but IMHO is the best these speakers can do!

i'm not trolling! i did this exactly as i described!

potna
12-16-2011, 08:24 PM
ok, the majority of the replies are accusing me of trolling, uhm not sure why, as i gave a valid solution for a well known and ridiculous problem.

do the magority of you think that with out thx that this laptop somehow doesnt sound right? well let us take a stroll down critical thinking road and do a comparison of laptops with good sound vs bad sound then lets also compare laptops with and with out thx. i invite you to share your findings.

i also found that this thx affected 2d imaging witch seems kinda dumb if you use sound to help you locate enemies while playing games

more than likely folks shouting troll at me probably dont realize that you can make all sorts of changes, most of the time oems do this for you, but this doesn't mean that they know whats always best or you. if your computer came with Norton and i recommended you removing it and adding a different av make me a troll?. its not like i said uninstall your sound drivers and see what happens.

is this board a joke?

380mcn
12-16-2011, 08:36 PM
actually the current forum layout is.. but it's contents are veryyyyyyyy good! the thing is that, using thx is not like using srs, some people like thx some don't. thx is supposed to enhance the sound, but in my opinion it degrade it and nothing more.