PDA

View Full Version : Guide: How to change your WiFi Card on G73sw

fuzon1337
12-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Hi

I recently got my Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 and I'm very happy with the replacement.

As the title says, I will give you a guide about how to change your WiFi card on your notebook.

1. Uninstall the Atheros drivers from your notebook
-> Go to "Start-menu" right click on "My Computer" hit manage.
-> Go in to device manager, network, find the Atheros card
* Double click on it, go to "drivers"
* Uninstall
(Also you could uninstall Wireless console 3 since it won't work properly with the Intel Card)

2. Turn of your computer
-> Wait to it's turned of
* Take out the battery (to be on the safe site)

3. Take of the panel
-> Unscrew the two screw under your notebook and take of the panel.

4. Detect your WiFi
-> Plug out the wires (antennas)
-> Then unscrew the two screws on the card.
* The WiFi Card will bend up in 45 degrees

5. Change your WiFi card
-> Take out your old Atheros card
-> Replace it with your new Intel Centrino
* When you push your new card in, you should hear a click
-> Then screw the two screws back on and place the antennas on the right places

6. Set the panel back on with the two screws

7. Download new drivers for your card
* Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and drivers for Windows 7 64-Bit* (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20433&ProdId=3315&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=%0ASoftware%20Applications%0A)
* Intel® PROSet/Wireless Bluetooth Software for Windows 7 64-Bit* (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20129&ProdId=3315&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=%0ASoftware%20Applications%0A)

If you have a network cable that would be very useful since the wireless WiFi won't work before you have installed Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and drivers for Windows.

I hope this guide was useful for you.
Please leave a comment if there is any questions or I may have done wrong and change it :)

PS!
I shall not be liable for any errors if it would occur. This is done at your own risk!

kimiraikkonen
04-02-2018, 10:38 AM
Hello, is that procedure confirmed? At first i wanted to by N6200 or N6300 which havw both no bluetooth, keeping existing stock Broadcom BT-270 in the notebook, but now i'm a bit confused whether N6230 Bluetooth Combo card is fine?

What happens to Wireless Console 3 and FN+F2 keys after upgrading to Intel WLAN CARD?

I have many questions, sorry.