PDA

View Full Version : GTX 980ti w/ MSi Afterburner @ 90% runs Batman Arkham Knight fine (@ 16GB Ram)

Ravenholme
06-24-2015, 02:55 AM
As said in subject, i just ran Batman Arkham Knight on my PC with a GTX 980ti. no lag no slow downs yet. I only started playing. So far so good, comparable to the Xbox One version (i pre-ordered that one, the PC one was free w/ the graphics card)

Anyway really cool that it works smoothly, and the Wired Xbox 360 Controller works just like the console version.

I used the Nvidia Experience to optimize the game graphics. necessary since it defaults to the 4k mode for some reason when you first launch it. I did an ingame benchmark and it averaged @ 59fps which is fine by me. Especially with the 90% power limit i set for the GTX 980ti.

Thought you all should know.

Note: Game set @ 1080p, didn't change the FPS max in the ini file. G20AJ-US009S (specs in my profile on the left under my name)

rene_canlas
06-25-2015, 08:19 AM
Thanks for sharing!

Ravenholme
06-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Played some more, still smooth, 3D isn't doable because how the game was made (all those short cuts that IGS did i guess) the light from the helicopter is flat no depth so there are a few minor things that aren't actually 3D. overall it is… but the nvidia setup doesn't recommend 3D use. and it taxes the system a bit. I may consider getting the Dell Y90RR 330w plug for the GPU. though everything is fine so i don't really need to.

edmak1804
06-26-2015, 07:00 PM
Now that I have my 980ti installed (using that 'lifehack' to use an extra 2 pin PCIE connector) I also run MSI afterburner at 90% power (as I originally suggested) I Have played the following: Arkham Origins, GTA5, Battlefield 4, Crysis 3, CoD Advanced Warfare, Asassins Creed Unity, Shadow of Mordor, Rome 2 Total War, Attila Total War and Armed Assault 3, all running at nearly max settings, and in the case of older games, using Geforce software to force higher MSAA and AA settings.
Not a single problem! Now admittedly I am running the fans at 80-100% in most cases to ensure my system does not overheat (I prefer keeping below 78C at all times), I only wish there was something I could set up desktop on top of to push more air up and into it (perhaps a laptop pad, or manually connecting 3-4 internal fans together as a base?)

Anarchia99
07-08-2015, 09:30 AM
Heya I have the G20 with Gtx 970 and my temps in game are going to reach 80 C fast and keep them for all game with 50 % of fan speed. it's normal?
Thx!

edmak1804
07-09-2015, 02:59 AM
Update: 980ti, 90% power throttle, 65% fan speed, Maxed settings across the board (all Nvidia settings enabled as well) im maintaining excellent FPS and temps are in the mid to high 50's! Arkham Knight seems to finally work well for me. I had some crashes but that's likely game code related and cleared up once i verified game cache integrity.