PDA

View Full Version : Problem with windows 7 64-bit

goranthe
11-01-2010, 04:32 PM
When I install windows 7 ultimate , laptop run windows and when windows goes to the part when user loging mast show on screen, windows put some blue background with no icons and other staf. Help please

Brian@ASUS
11-01-2010, 05:07 PM
how clean of a install did you do? is this an upgrade? and is this a legit copy of windows or bootleg? Back up all your data and try doing another clean install with a full reformat.

goranthe
11-01-2010, 05:15 PM
how clean of a install did you do? is this an upgrade? and is this a legit copy of windows or bootleg? Back up all your data and try doing another clean install with a full reformat.

I have olrady tried clean instal with format several times and get the same resault. Is that becouse the windows is bootleg?

goranthe
11-01-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm not upgrade windows, I'm instal the new one. I have windows home premium 64bit but I wont to instal windows ultimate 64 bit. Do you have some sugestion or advise?

xeromist
11-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Could be a bad disc. Does it look scratched?

Pyro411
11-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Goranthe, the best way to go about that is, if you have access to legal Retail or OEM Windows 7 64bit Home Premium disks install from that to give yourself a good fresh clean load using the license attached to your PC, to go from Home Premium to Ultimate from there I would suggest going the Anytime upgrade route either directly from Microsoft or a reseller of any sort.

I used this to legally go from Home Premium to Ultimate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116772&cm_re=Home_Premium_to_Ultimate_upgrade-_-32-116-772-_-Product

goranthe
11-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Goranthe, the best way to go about that is, if you have access to legal Retail or OEM Windows 7 64bit Home Premium disks install from that to give yourself a good fresh clean load using the license attached to your PC, to go from Home Premium to Ultimate from there I would suggest going the Anytime upgrade route either directly from Microsoft or a reseller of any sort.

I used this to legally go from Home Premium to Ultimate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116772&cm_re=Home_Premium_to_Ultimate_upgrade-_-32-116-772-_-Product

Thanks a lot!!!

Pyro411
11-01-2010, 07:04 PM
You're welcome. oh & the upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate doesn't take to awfully long, I'd say from start to finish from Premium to Ultimate roughly 30-60 minutes in total after all is said and done.

Brian@ASUS
11-01-2010, 08:41 PM
yea some bootlegs depending on where its sourced from could have been corrupted. try to get at least an oem disk and using your serial key

Pyro411
11-01-2010, 10:44 PM
*cough* I never posted this *cough*

http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/428068-legal-windows-7-download-links-just-like-vista-before.html#post5437866

The above URL is how to download the ISO from DigitalRiver "Microsoft's primary digital distributor" and how to edit the ISO file so it's universal.

xeromist
11-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Nothing wrong with that post. You still need a legit key for it to work so it's not like you're posting a cracked version or something.

Pyro411
11-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Xeromist, it's a gray area. Legal because you need the key to use it but some would consider it theft of bandwidth due to one not purchasing the software directly from Digital River.

xeromist
11-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Xeromist, it's a gray area. Legal because you need the key to use it but some would consider it theft of bandwidth due to one not purchasing the software directly from Digital River.

Ah OK. Well that's not an issue IMHO. It's in an unsecured pub folder. If they were worried about random people downloading it then they would put at least some basic security on it. My guess is that they bill Microsoft for the downloads (or charge them so much that they just have and unlimited account). Given the whole reason you need to download an ISO in the first place is because Microsoft and system builders are cutting corners on distribution there should be no issue with people getting what they need from a public source funded by Microsoft.

Chastity@ASUS
11-04-2010, 02:54 PM
It's a public share, so it can be freely linked to.