PDA

View Full Version : G751JY Random shutdown problems

cyberworldc
06-25-2015, 11:58 AM
Hi,
Two months have passed since i brought this Notebook. Ignoring the M2 missing slot (There isn't one for my submodel) and the USB 3.0 problem (wich i solved by disabling 3.0 altogether) i'm having a real blast with 60fps (and over!) gaming and real fast programs and such...but there is a little, for now quite sporadic, problem.

My G751JY sometimes just shuts down. I don't know if it's a temperature issue: it just stays on the 70-90C spot on quite everything, as the first time the shutdown (As in: literally powers down) occurred on a normal situation: i was just chatting with Skype - and i know it has an intensive CPU use for some reason - and browsing with Chrome.

The second time it was while playing with Far Cry 4 (High graphics, window mode 1920x1080) and chatting with skype.

As soon as the notebook shutted down i powered it up again and checked the temps, and are (again) 70-90C. It has just passed 3 minutes at max.

So for the moment it's not a real problem, but i'm worried that it will be more frequent. Has someone gone with the same problem? It's a Temperature problem, some power problem or other?

I'm open to suggestions! I'm considering in trying to make the temperature go down (by not limitating the speed of the CPU or the GPU) but first i'll maybe try to RMA this Notebook if it's going to be more frequent.

Ps: I also checked for pesky coin miners and malwares, there are none. Normally i always make and stay open Chrome, Skype and Steam. I have Kaspersky Antivirus with the CPU using limited if too high.

joshindaphils
06-25-2015, 12:20 PM
If you are seeing 90c on low GPU and CPU usage you definitely have thermal issues. Do an RMA / have service done. You could just need a repaste.