PDA

View Full Version : Touchpad issues anyone? ROG G751jl

moola
06-26-2015, 08:30 AM
I have my ROG G751jl for about 2 months. touchpad used to work. shortly after my laptop took a very slight fall, the touchpad is useabel but i cannot click using the buttons or the touchpad itself. i opened up the beast and i all connections fo/from mainbord to/from touchpad is all fine. any ideas fellow ROGgers?

ive tried reloading drivers, updating drivers and even uninstalling completely.. no luck. its the Elan touchpad.

beststevie
06-26-2015, 02:22 PM
I have my ROG G751jl for about 2 months. touchpad used to work. shortly after my laptop took a very slight fall, the touchpad is useabel but i cannot click using the buttons or the touchpad itself. i opened up the beast and i all connections fo/from mainbord to/from touchpad is all fine. any ideas fellow ROGgers?

ive tried reloading drivers, updating drivers and even uninstalling completely.. no luck. its the Elan touchpad.

Hi,

I almost never use the touchpad, but I had the same problem. Clicking was not possible on windows any more. But it worked fine at Linux. You could
try a live dvd to test it.

I had 2 RMAs because of other problems, but they 2 times changed the touchpad. It's either a standard procedure or they have
really a problem with it.

Cheers

steve

Nemix
06-28-2015, 01:10 AM
Sounds like part of the touchpad hardware has failed, can you still send in the laptop for RMA?

eowens
06-30-2015, 07:24 PM
I have the same or similar issue with the touchpad. On my G751JL/Windows, the ELAN driver version 11.5.15.5 works, the 11.15.0.12 version doesn't work. With the latter driver, I can move the mouse cursor around but that's it, it won't allow you to select or click on anything.

supergirllh
09-27-2015, 03:51 AM
Hi, first time poster. Apologies in advance if this isn't the appropriate thread, but I can't figure out how to put my right touchpad button firmly back in place. It is kind of hovering in its spot, but is no longer attached. Still works, but I'd like to figure out how to attach it again. My daughter shut the laptop and it just popped off.

Can anyone help assist or re-direct me elsewhere?

Thanks!

supergirllh

di Valenti
09-30-2015, 12:16 AM
I thought I would post here first if anyone is having this issue still - I am going to also do a write up for a formal process - but check your ASUS smart gesture icon - put it in the taskbar and see if it's signaling 100% on anything - it seems a lot of people have a "stuck" LMB - and it's signaling 100% of the time... the culprit is a tiny loop ribbon cable that is on the actual L/RMB board - it gets touchy if pressed and start to signal 100% and that gums up the works for the rest of everything... TP and buttons related... the easy fix... open the case like you would for a top ram insert...

https://youtu.be/3x7px8mx5LU?t=571 - go to this video -- it's someone doing the upgrade to the RAM slot - so it's not that hard to work with - pretty easy actually - the case is a wonder of simple to work on.

Ok once you see the point where the 4 cables are that connect MB, MB, KB and KB-Lights... in that order from left to right. the two MB ribbons go to the TP and the LMB/RMB board - the LMB/RMB board then has a connector for the white cable... and next to that on the board is a tiny little black loop of a ribbon connector... this controls the signal from the buttons... it is pressed in a very small area and in the case there is apparently a tight squeeze in there - and the ribbon gets crushed down just enough that it starts to signal 100% - you will see this on the mouse activity indicator icon if you put that in the taskbar... you can use this indicator to see while you massage the ribbon back to a loop - it will stop being a stuck on signal to a regular press only signal. and fixed... it's not a bad unit - it's a bad design... so probably a lot of these units that use this case and unit have been assembled in a way that when it gets some pressure after a bit of use from hands on the kb and all - it's just enough to start the problem... and the fix is easy - and simple, and free... if you have questions I can help with that any time --- just pm me.