PDA

View Full Version : G750JX Repaste third time. ;d

Darnassus
06-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Just done a third repaste for my G750JX.

Been one and a half years since I bought it. I repaste every time when I reach 83-85*C on the CPU and report what I've done here. ;3

Paste: MX-4 ;d

So far so good, just reassembled 5 mins ago.. things looking much better.

Will post highest recorded temp accumulated through the week. :3

Kisses to my hmscott, missing you. <3

navis995
06-27-2015, 01:16 PM
Why are you repasting so often? That's a waste of paste.

Darnassus
06-27-2015, 01:23 PM
Why are you repasting so often? That's a waste of paste.

............ because I hear many talking about having higher than desirable heat, so I am doing the forums a voluntary experiment and sharing my experiences. Also, I do not like heat.

Lots of your posts on the forums seem cynical. :c That's a waste of paste I mean space. ;x

Paste is $5. Who doesn't have $5? I wipe with $5. ~m4strch33f

Darnassus
06-27-2015, 01:50 PM
Done three boot ups, all below 55*C. Latest was 53*C.
Before the repaste was 60*C+ and above.

Will post a difference in a week, and then a month! ;3

Wulff
06-27-2015, 05:13 PM
im a bit the same darnassus :) when i see higher temps then i used to see im also tempted to repaste :) although last paste job i did seems great. i also tried the gpu not that long ago and used k5-pro on the memory chips etc. also great . so i hope i can manage for a while again. started saving money already for a new laptop next year. hopefully it will last till then cause that gpu card was not a lot of fun to paste with that k5-pro haha. feels like chewing gum when applied. but it sure as hell does do the job

Darnassus
06-28-2015, 01:16 AM
im a bit the same darnassus :) when i see higher temps then i used to see im also tempted to repaste :) although last paste job i did seems great. i also tried the gpu not that long ago and used k5-pro on the memory chips etc. also great . so i hope i can manage for a while again. started saving money already for a new laptop next year. hopefully it will last till then cause that gpu card was not a lot of fun to paste with that k5-pro haha. feels like chewing gum when applied. but it sure as hell does do the job

Yeah I'm using K5 too, I forgot to mention, in this experiment, I recycled my K5 by putting it into a plastic bag, putting it in kettle water and rubbing it in circles to bind it all together back into a smooth paste and reapplied it.

Sadly I can't really gauge the temps properly other than using my laser, but so far it's looking rather good.

The chips other than the die don't really seem to get that hot as far as I'm aware.. the very first time I pulled the sink off, nothing was dry save for the paste on the die itself. I guess it's just anything to make sure it DOESN'T get hot.. even though it doesn't seem to in the first place naturally.

.. also yes, it is... incredibly a b!tch to spread. >x3

*Hug* Mr Wulff missed you. ;d

Darnassus
06-28-2015, 01:19 AM
First startup this morning, CPU 48, GPU 38. ;d

code9523
06-28-2015, 07:35 AM
First startup this morning, CPU 48, GPU 38. ;d

What is a temp in your room? 48C on cpu at startup is a little bit hot?! I'm sitting now with 22c in my room and cpu don't go higher than 43C while reading this forum))

Darnassus
06-28-2015, 08:27 AM
What is a temp in your room? 48C on cpu at startup is a little bit hot?! I'm sitting now with 22c in my room and cpu don't go higher than 43C while reading this forum))

What compy you use? Because I'm on a G750JX and the ambient temp is around 20-22*C.

CPU temps go high during boot due to shoddy written BIOS codes, putting CPU into full fledge to chew through all the garbage.

It's so bad I refuse to flash to 209 because I hear horror about it. So I sit on 208. ;d

code9523
06-28-2015, 08:50 AM
What compy you use? Because I'm on a G750JX and the ambient temp is around 20-22*C.

CPU temps go high during boot due to shoddy written BIOS codes, putting CPU into full fledge to chew through all the garbage.

It's so bad I refuse to flash to 209 because I hear horror about it. So I sit on 208. ;d

I'm talking about JX)) 209 is fine no problems for 10 month also you can always downgrade to 208 with nodate command.

Darnassus
06-29-2015, 01:07 PM
I'm talking about JX)) 209 is fine no problems for 10 month also you can always downgrade to 208 with nodate command.

Interesting, I hear horrors of boot loops and stuff. What does it fix exactly? If I remember correctly it was only signature checks or something.

Darnassus
06-29-2015, 01:08 PM
Third day!

So far staying below 65*C (max recorded) even when gaming, big jump downwards from 82*C

Will continue some tests and stuff. Pretty happy with the result. Might go try a 3D video from WoT.

Did the 3D video, 15*C reduction in temps over-all. ;d Successful repaste! ;3

P.S. check it out yourself, I love the Leopard. ;3 http://littlstar.com/videos/80885961

DON'T FORGET click and hold then move your mouse, or use your arrow keys! :3

code9523
06-30-2015, 05:51 AM
Interesting, I hear horrors of boot loops and stuff. What does it fix exactly? If I remember correctly it was only signature checks or something.

I don't know what it fixes because I already got a laptop with 209 in it. Since I was using it there where no boot issues or something bad related to bios.

Wulff
06-30-2015, 08:22 AM
65 is really low!!!! mine got up to 83 when watching that video and moving the camera like a madman the whole time on fullscreen

Darnassus
06-30-2015, 11:34 AM
65 is really low!!!! mine got up to 83 when watching that video and moving the camera like a madman the whole time on fullscreen

Hehe! Mine stayed under 65 on that video. It's funny how bad the paste goes after the few months, isn't it? :c

PS What did you think of it?! :3 Pirate Flag! >;x <3

Did the test again, pictor! ;d http://i.imgur.com/hB8hdM1.png

(Did full and mini, same result. I was running other apps too though in Chrome so may be a little higher than should-be-result. ;x )

beatc
07-02-2015, 01:11 AM
Nice results. I planned to repaste my JZ with the mx4 too, so i've ordered a small one which contains 4g. It is enough to cover both gpu and cpu? Thanks in advance.

brinchn27
07-02-2015, 03:50 AM
Darnassus- Is repasting so often and at temperatures of high 80's just an obsessive thing you do or does it actually prove to be beneficial?? From what I know, the CPU runs perfectly/ the same until throttle or 100C. Also many different things affect the ambient temperature of the cpu and gpu especially the days weather and humidity.

Doing video editing, and Vray renderings I see temperatures as high as 92. During the winter the temperature was about 88 max but now that the temperatures in the summer are hot, I figured its normal to see a slight bump.

Just trying to understand your reasoning for such frequent repasting?

Darnassus
07-03-2015, 02:15 AM
Darnassus- Is repasting so often and at temperatures of high 80's just an obsessive thing you do or does it actually prove to be beneficial?? From what I know, the CPU runs perfectly/ the same until throttle or 100C. Also many different things affect the ambient temperature of the cpu and gpu especially the days weather and humidity.

Doing video editing, and Vray renderings I see temperatures as high as 92. During the winter the temperature was about 88 max but now that the temperatures in the summer are hot, I figured its normal to see a slight bump.

Just trying to understand your reasoning for such frequent repasting?

If repasting every 6 months is frequent, then I live in a lazy world. ':x

I want my compy to last, and if it drops 20*C then I'm definitely going to repaste and enjoy it. ':f

I'm an enthusiast. ;d

Darnassus
07-03-2015, 02:15 AM
Nice results. I planned to repaste my JZ with the mx4 too, so i've ordered a small one which contains 4g. It is enough to cover both gpu and cpu? Thanks in advance.

Do not use MX-4 on the GPU other than the die. You have 36 other chips to attend to. ;d

If you really want to use MX-4 on all the components, you can.. they will mostly all make contact but it's very messy and you'll use a whole tube to do it.

I use K5 Pro Gummy. Those components don't get too hot, other than the die itself.. so you can safely reuse the K5 if you redo the paste job in the future. ;d

This is what you're looking at.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/da9b0e267647111
http://www.imagebam.com/image/f20974267647082

beatc
07-03-2015, 04:53 AM
Do not use MX-4 on the GPU other than the die. You have 36 other chips to attend to. ;d

If you really want to use MX-4 on all the components, you can.. they will mostly all make contact but it's very messy and you'll use a whole tube to do it.

I use K5 Pro Gummy. Those components don't get too hot, other than the die itself.. so you can safely reuse the K5 if you redo the paste job in the future. ;d

This is what you're looking at.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/da9b0e267647111
http://www.imagebam.com/image/f20974267647082

I'll probably ask someone who is experienced enough to do the pasting since I'm new to to this. Thanks for the pictures, they are very helpful.

Darnassus
07-03-2015, 11:33 AM
It's probably best you do. You need to draw yourself at least 3 maps on pieces of A4 paper to know where all your screws come from.

You cannot repaste until you have actually disassembled your ENTIRE laptop. Screen off, motherboard out of the case, everything dismantled. It's on ground level.. since the heat sinks are actually upside down.

hmscott
07-04-2015, 09:13 PM
Just done a third repaste for my G750JX.
Been one and a half years since I bought it. I repaste every time when I reach 83-85*C on the CPU and report what I've done here. ;3
Paste: MX-4 ;d
So far so good, just reassembled 5 mins ago.. things looking much better.
Will post highest recorded temp accumulated through the week. :3
Kisses to my hmscott, missing you. <3

>Blushes<

An interesting correlation - re-paste - thinks of me... post post infatuation ;)

Been busy,,, check in occasionally, but no time to post... much... :)

Good job on the re-pasting, but, maybe hunt down some paste that doesn't dry out so quickly? ICD7 is tough to spread, but reports that it lasts years are common.

Innovation Cooling Diamond "7 Carat" Thermal Compound - 1.5 Grams
http://www.amazon.com/Innovation-Cooling-Diamond-Thermal-Compound/dp/B0042IEVD8

IC DIAMOND 24 CARAT 4.8 GRAM THERMAL COMPOUND
http://www.amazon.com/DIAMOND-CARAT-GRAM-THERMAL-COMPOUND/dp/B0042IBAOG/ref=pd_sim_147_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1XYKECMKQ2VW3HDB5PJM

Honami
07-04-2015, 10:19 PM
How you repaste the CPU and GPU? are you use any thermal pads aswell?

Darnassus
07-05-2015, 01:19 AM
>Blushes<

An interesting correlation - re-paste - thinks of me... post post infatuation ;)

Been busy,,, check in occasionally, but no time to post... much... :)

Good job on the re-pasting, but, maybe hunt down some paste that doesn't dry out so quickly? ICD7 is tough to spread, but reports that it lasts years are common.

Innovation Cooling Diamond "7 Carat" Thermal Compound - 1.5 Grams
http://www.amazon.com/Innovation-Cooling-Diamond-Thermal-Compound/dp/B0042IEVD8

IC DIAMOND 24 CARAT 4.8 GRAM THERMAL COMPOUND
http://www.amazon.com/DIAMOND-CARAT-GRAM-THERMAL-COMPOUND/dp/B0042IBAOG/ref=pd_sim_147_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1XYKECMKQ2VW3HDB5PJM

I REALLY want to use ICD but I'm scared of how abrasive it is.. it makes me worried because it'll just keep making more scratches to fill between the two surfaces, right?

I try to stick to carbon based stuff, but maybe I'll change.

Honestly repasting every 6 months.. I really don't mind doing that. ;d After-all, after gaming in summer my paste gets shot eventually anyhow in Aus. Ambient being 42*C+ and humid.

Darnassus
07-05-2015, 01:21 AM
How you repaste the CPU and GPU? are you use any thermal pads aswell?

Noooop. ;d

Read the post, dummy! >xc

K5-Pro! It's like.. a really thick, viscous paste that you can use to replace pads. ;d

These laptops don't even use pads anyhow.. it's all paste, just different when it comes to the die's.

Wulff
07-11-2015, 10:05 AM
I got motivated when reading your post about this and bought me a pack of Gelid GC Exterme and used that this time. seems better then the arctic silver i always use. you ever used that?

http://www.gelidsolutions.com/products/index.php?lid=1&cid=3&id=42

have to see what it oes over time but for now im qjuite happy with it, took off just those few extra degrees i was looking for. sucks i have 2 cores on my 4700hq that spoil it for the rest :) on idle 2 are always about 5 degrees warmer then the other 6, 2 high ones 41, rest 35-36

Darnassus
07-12-2015, 08:16 AM
Hmm I might try that when my MX-4 runs out. I dislike how it dries so quick though.. might just get it then. ;d

Highest temp recorded so far is 71*C after a really long game session which I'm very happy for. Much better than the yucky 84*C ;d

Wulff
07-12-2015, 12:23 PM
mx-4 still rocks as well for sure :)

71 is really good!. will try me a game as well today and see how it goes

Darnassus
07-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Been two weeks now. Max today is 70*C after 6 hours of WoT. ;d

71*C max compressing a 20 min video to 1080P HD from FRAPS through MovieMaker. ;3