PDA

View Full Version : Remove Microsoft OneDrive from Taskbar Notifications on G750JW? - solved

Torpedo499
06-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Hello,

Microsoft Skydrive came preinstalled on my Asus G750JW however it's not preinstalled on my other Windows 8.1 laptop.

I was wondering if there is any way to completely remove it from my computer and If other G750 owners have it installed.

Thanks for your help!

Darnassus
06-28-2015, 01:28 AM
You mean OneDrive? ;d

Yes, it comes preinstalled on the G750's. Unsure as to why it's not on your other 8.1 machine. It's difficult, if not.. impossible to remove as it seems to be integrated into the operating system like Explorer. Rather annoying, it gives me Save As errors.. well it did. (They must've fixed that finally)

Just take it off your toolbar.. then just.... pretend it isn't there. ;d

Possibly a way to take it off your folder bar too, try google that. ':x

If you live near AusLand, a great alternative is www.MEGA.nz that's 50gb storage free. ;D

Otherwise, try out DropBox! ;d

Torpedo499
06-29-2015, 07:36 PM
You mean OneDrive? ;d

Yes, it comes preinstalled on the G750's. Unsure as to why it's not on your other 8.1 machine. It's difficult, if not.. impossible to remove as it seems to be integrated into the operating system like Explorer. Rather annoying, it gives me Save As errors.. well it did. (They must've fixed that finally)

Just take it off your toolbar.. then just.... pretend it isn't there. ;d

Possibly a way to take it off your folder bar too, try google that. ':x

If you live near AusLand, a great alternative is www.MEGA.nz that's 50gb storage free. ;D

Otherwise, try out DropBox! ;d

How can I remove OneDrive from my toolbar? That's basically the only thing that's bothering me :P

Maxter
06-29-2015, 09:48 PM
How can I remove OneDrive from my toolbar? That's basically the only thing that's bothering me :P
If you are talking about the toolbar on the desktop, right click on it and click unpin (same with tiles). If you're talking about the file explorer folder section on the left, then you would have to switch from a microsoft account to a local account.

Torpedo499
06-29-2015, 10:16 PM
If you are talking about the toolbar on the desktop, right click on it and click unpin (same with tiles). If you're talking about the file explorer folder section on the left, then you would have to switch from a microsoft account to a local account.

Is there any way to remove it from the task tray? I mean on the right hand of the screen where the battery and date is.

Darnassus
06-30-2015, 11:54 AM
Is there any way to remove it from the task tray? I mean on the right hand of the screen where the battery and date is.

Oh from THERE? Easy. Click the arrow, Customise, then find OneDrive and 'Hide Icon and Notifications'! ;3

Maxter
06-30-2015, 04:33 PM
maybe he really wants to "unmount" it... click CTRL+SHIFT+ESC>Startup Tab. Look for the onedrive (skydrive) under "name". Right click on it, then click disable. Reboot.

Darnassus
06-30-2015, 04:38 PM
Ah I see. ;x

... damn OneDrive. Mine keeps syncing even when it's empty and telling me big beautiful message bubbles about how proud it is doing it's job. ';f

Maxter
06-30-2015, 04:57 PM
i hope that win 10 doesn't have it on the system... I like my local account (I don' want to connect the entire laptop to Microsoft)

Darnassus
06-30-2015, 05:21 PM
It will be, trust me. Since they 'acquired' SkyDrive, it's going to definitely be on 10, especially for Tablets and Phones.

Torpedo499
06-30-2015, 08:26 PM
maybe he really wants to "unmount" it... click CTRL+SHIFT+ESC>Startup Tab. Look for the onedrive (skydrive) under "name". Right click on it, then click disable. Reboot.
Onedrive isn't on my taskmanager startup page.. weird. Hide Icon and notifications doesn't work either. It makes me so angry to see it in the Taskbar/task tray :( 5022350222

Maxter
06-30-2015, 08:42 PM
is it even on your processes list?

Torpedo499
06-30-2015, 08:56 PM
is it even on your processes list?
Yes, it's on my process list and under "services", however it barely uses any memory. It seems like other people aren't having this problem.50224

Torpedo499
07-01-2015, 03:33 AM
I figured it out! My account was signed in via Microsoft instead of local. I just changed my account type to local and now i'm all good. Basically nothing changed too! Thanks for the help guys!

Maxter
07-01-2015, 04:20 PM
nice job! anytime!