PDA

View Full Version : Why every Asus Rog Laptop has keyboard issues ?

x7007
06-28-2015, 03:03 AM
My last G750JH had the issue that sometimes keys doesn't registered . and now I have it with G751JT How to fix this ?? I'm using the latest Elan drivers.

challenger1
06-28-2015, 03:39 AM
Mine doesnt...

ROGTWAT
06-28-2015, 06:33 AM
Mine's fine, part from one key that's a bit scratchy but it's only the < key so when do I use that? That said, it did not get stuck when I just typed that... <<< now it did.

Clintlgm
06-28-2015, 07:17 AM
The ATK package has the keyboard drivers, I would look to see it you don't have a piece of trash under there, I had a hinge come loose once I repaired it with a replacement key. I didn't really need to as once I saw how to take it apart I found that the metal tabs holding the hinge in place were loose.

Boxis
06-28-2015, 08:13 AM
Good you made this topic, I just wanted to make new one as well. Today it happened for 2nd time already that when I booted the laptop, keyboard was non fuctioning. Simply no keys were working. It happened once before too but I didnt care, however it happened today again and I am slowly starting to worry. Anyway, simple restart fixes the issue but still I dont know why the keyboard should not work after boot sometimes for no apparent reason.

Edweird
06-28-2015, 09:53 AM
This is not an ASUS-specific issue. The keyboard not working after boot has happened to me over 4 brands of laptop. I have no clue what causes it since it never bothered me enough to check online. Restart fixes it.

x7007
06-28-2015, 10:41 PM
Good you made this topic, I just wanted to make new one as well. Today it happened for 2nd time already that when I booted the laptop, keyboard was non fuctioning. Simply no keys were working. It happened once before too but I didnt care, however it happened today again and I am slowly starting to worry. Anyway, simple restart fixes the issue but still I dont know why the keyboard should not work after boot sometimes for no apparent reason.

The issue is when ELAN drivers are installed. without them the issue is like 0.01% to happen.