PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 Update will work on G750JZ

Homie22
06-28-2015, 08:22 AM
WIll Windows 10 work totally fine on G750JZ ? I Have one of those, and wanna upgrade in 23 hours. Does nvidia have drivers for 880m that will work with
windows 10? How does it work?:p

Darnassus
06-28-2015, 08:30 AM
I am sure it will work, however, remember Windows 10 is still a beta and many issues may come to surface. If I was you, I'd wait.

No point sitting on a Beta and use it seriously when there's many nightlies / builds being pushed out each week. Wait until the release.

If you REEEEEALLY can't wait, make sure you do a backup, a system snapshot and possibly even make a duplicate of your hard drive.. then make a partition to install Windows 10 and play with it for a bit. ;3

Good luck. Hit us back with your findings!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/create-format-hard-disk-partition#create-format-hard-disk-partition=windows-7

:3

Homie22
06-28-2015, 09:12 AM
I am sure it will work, however, remember Windows 10 is still a beta and many issues may come to surface. If I was you, I'd wait.

No point sitting on a Beta and use it seriously when there's many nightlies / builds being pushed out each week. Wait until the release.

If you REEEEEALLY can't wait, make sure you do a backup, a system snapshot and possibly even make a duplicate of your hard drive.. then make a partition to install Windows 10 and play with it for a bit. ;3

Good luck. Hit us back with your findings!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/create-format-hard-disk-partition#create-format-hard-disk-partition=windows-7

:3
How is it in beta? It's official release is in less then 22 hours :) Im talking about installling official release that comes out tomorrow :D

EDIT: OH it says july 29th i thought it was june ): oops lol

Darnassus
06-29-2015, 03:00 AM
How is it in beta? It's official release is in less then 22 hours :) Im talking about installling official release that comes out tomorrow :D

EDIT: OH it says july 29th i thought it was june ): oops lol

You dummy >xc *Bonks*

Yes is in 30 days. ;d I'd give it another month after however.. I'm sure it'll be buggy.

I wonder if they ever fixed the DPI issue with moving mouse clicks in certain games.... (The jumping mouse bug)

Maxter
06-29-2015, 09:50 PM
LOL
Don't cut our summer short plz... xD

Darnassus
06-30-2015, 02:12 PM
LOL
Don't cut our summer short plz... xD

;d <3

Wulff
07-02-2015, 08:29 AM
so as an experiment i tried the newest windows 10 insider build on my g750jz and till now no problems here , still there is room for a bit more improvement but that might be more to not having good windows 10 drivers then windows itself at this time. All is working as it should and it does look not bad at all this windows 10
i used this build now: MS Windows 10 Insider Preview 10 build 10158 en-US (esd) wich updated to 10159 after install to show the new win10 wallpaper lol.
all of a sudden 29 july looks a lot more promising to me as i tried a way earlier build wich caused only trouble here

dicepti
05-08-2016, 04:49 AM
Hi,

I have been enjoying a great time with my Asus G750 on its original windows 8.1 platform for the past 02 years. I did not upgrade it to Windows 10.0 due to the doubt
that it might create system/compatibility issues and would ruin my gaming experience at that time. Since the Windows 10 is keeping constantly reminding me the upgrade and
its no longer a beta version can i upgrade my ASUS ROG G750JZ to Windows 10 & enjoy an uninterrupted experience throughout. Specially need to know wether the nvidia 880m
drivers would not collide with the Windows 10.

Appreciate any advice in this regard.

Cheers..:):):):)

Gustave
05-08-2016, 04:56 AM
I have my old G71V running Windows 10 without a glitch. With RAID0 and all.

nemerdekel
05-08-2016, 07:59 AM
Windows10 > 8.1
8.1 is terrible, in every way. I've been running Windows 10 since it came out last summer without a single problem. Also DON"T use insider previews, those ARE BETA versions that may include bugs.

JustinThyme
05-08-2016, 01:28 PM
G74SX has been on Win10 since the first day of the free upgrades from win 7 went into effect. No issues in the least.