PDA

View Full Version : 4way optimization question

Randy1727
07-05-2015, 06:27 PM
I have all 7 case fans and my Cool master H92 cpu cooler. My question is does the PWM HUB adjust the other fans on what is needed by the cpu for cooling? Are they constant 100% speed or are they running at w/e speed my cpu fan is. My motherboard has 4 fan headers plus the cpu_fan and cpu_opt headers. Should i use these headers and just use the hub for the extra fans or does the Hub take care of the adjustments on whats needed for cooling? I would like to keep a good air flow through the case for GC cooling to. The hub says to plug into the CPU_fan header. If i use the headers for fans and the cpu cooler to the cpu_fan header do i plug the hub into the cpu_opt header? Im looking to use asus 4 way optimization to OC but i dont know if i should with all the fans through the hub so I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to keep my system cool under loads with still being able to OC.

Clintlgm
07-06-2015, 12:58 AM
NO Idea what MB you have, but with fan expert you can control all the fan ports individually. Not sure about doubling up fans on the mother board ports as you could over load one and burn it out? That's why hey have the Opt CPU Port for a push Pull situation. Have no Idea what you mean buy HUB hopefully it is self powered and has its own fan management program

Randy1727
07-06-2015, 03:20 PM
The motherboard i have is the z87-pro the case i have is the nzxt N450 with this hub http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/N450-case-white-fan-hub.jpg. I cant find any spec on the hub. I replaced all the stock fans with COUGAR CF-V12HP Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 12CM Silent Cooling Fan with Pulse Width Modulation. psu supplies the power to the hub and hub connects to the cpu_fan header and my cpu cooler connects to the only 4pin header on the hub, rest are 3 pin. I guess im wondering if connected to hub do the fans run at 100% or do they get throttled with the cpu fan.
The only thing i can find about this hub on there site is.
This is the new and improved PWM fan hub for the masses. We have listened to you the consumers that wanted to control the standard fan hub that we have included with our previous cases.
So what you do is install the PWM cable to the CPU_FAN connector on your motherboard and plug in your Molex connector to your power supply. This will power the fan hub and allow your motherboard to control the speed of the fans (you can use AI suite and others to control it as well). It does not offer each connector control at this time.

But when i use ai suite it only sees the hub as 1 cpu fan cooler.

Clintlgm
07-07-2015, 03:46 PM
Ok yes if you hook everything to the hub it will be controlled by the CPU Fan connector you have connected the hub too.
Yes A1 III will only see the CPU fan as connected since that is the only port you have connected your other 4 connections are unconnected.
I recommend you connect directly to the CPU Fan and axu 1 to the fan blowing out the back of your case Aux 2 to your front fan and Aus 3 yor top fan, let the MB control these 4 things you can connect your hub to the Aux 4 and let your hub control the rest of your additional fans you can probably just not have them activate until your CPU get up into the 70's C or higher most to the time all your fans will either shut down or be spinning at minimum speed 300 RPM or so.