PDA

View Full Version : reports as positive

sabah70
07-05-2015, 10:08 PM
hello guys,

I tried to download the newest 2.4 version of real bench ( had been using an older version).Avast will not allow it to load and reports win 64 malware gen. is there another place to get it or find an older version. if I disable avast i can run it otherwise no dice. i can use some help here.

Praz
07-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Hello

If you downloaded from the link provided here this is a false positive. There is nothing wrong with the file.

sabah70
07-05-2015, 11:03 PM
Okay great then how do I go about getting it to run with m AV enabled ? cause right now it's just not happening :)

InfernoStorm
07-06-2015, 01:38 AM
Okay great then how do I go about getting it to run with m AV enabled ? cause right now it's just not happening :)

Hi Sabah,

I used Avast before then I switched over to AVG but I remember you can report the file as false positive and add to exceptions list and should be able to run the file.

I recommend checking the FAQs on Avast website, should have a guide that shows how to do it.

Cheers.

sabah70
07-06-2015, 06:02 PM
InfernoStorm , thanks for the info. I just sent a ticket to avast. if they can't help I'll prolly dig out my motherboard disk and try the kapersky anti virus. I kinda would like to anyway. I here nothing but good things about it.

sabah70
07-06-2015, 11:34 PM
Just a quick update. heard back from avast today. I'm told that the issue will be fixed with the next update. thanks for the input guys.