PDA

View Full Version : G751JT SSD not found in BIOS, replace?

MissyMiss
07-07-2015, 10:14 AM
My G751JT suddenly went into BIOS and can no longer find the main SSD (containing the OS). I really don't have time to send it into repair and it's tempting to replace it myself. Does anyone know which SSD could be a suitable replacement and if there are any special procedures/precautions I need to take?

Clintlgm
07-07-2015, 07:27 PM
Well that would depend, say if your SSD is a M.2 it would be quite expensive to replace and you might want to use the warranty. If it just a Standard SATA SSD you can replace it with any 2.5" x 9.5 SATA SSD, I'm partial to the Samsung 950 Pros but the EVO are a little cheaper and almost a good if not equal aside from warranty.

You might want to reseat it and see if that might help not likely but worth a shot

Prostar Computer
07-07-2015, 10:55 PM
Try reseating the drive first (as Clintlgm suggested) if you are comfortable with it. Should it come down to replacement and it's a 2.5" SSD, then you have a lot of relatively cost effective options: Samsung (850 series), Intel (730 and 750 series for performance, or 530 and 535 series for value), Crucial, OCZ, or even Kingston all make good drives. The prevailing choice is usually a Samsung 850 EVO (value) or a Samsung 850 Pro (performance, but still decent value).