PDA

View Full Version : Asus backtracker : the factory partition does not exist

critzz
07-08-2015, 04:32 AM
hi rog-ers had some problem with asus backtracker when trying to backup it to usb got error with "the factory partition does not exist"
fyi i just updated to windows 8.1 does it makes the factory partition deleted?? and yes the logo ROG exist when booting so anyone
knew what happens?? sorry for my english

my notebook is G750JW btw. Thanks

Darnassus
07-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Remake the backtracker, sometimes it doesn't work.

It's flawed and you need to test it to make sure it works before the real problem comes and ruins your computer.

Maxter
07-08-2015, 04:20 PM
I also updated to Win 8.1. The factory partition remains untouched. Did you check that it still exists? bring the "run"window up (WIN+R) and type compmgmt.msc. Click 'disk management'. On disk 0 (assuming here's your system partition, you should have a ~20GB partition. This is the one that contains the information for the backtracker.

critzz
07-09-2015, 03:05 AM
hi guys, well i check on disk management and this what i got (see attached snapshot), seems no partition that 20gb is it gone?? am i doing wrong here?? i have tried reinstall the backtracker still no factory partition exist

Maxter
07-09-2015, 06:01 AM
seems like it's gone... that's it. you can't bring it back (ASUS can, however). You might just wait for Windows 10 to come out. once you install it, they will have a way to perform a "clean install". But only after you have performed the upgrade.

critzz
07-09-2015, 01:46 PM
thanks maxter, well i guess backing up using norton ghost then before something bad happens when updating to windows 10.. cheers mates

Maxter
07-09-2015, 05:05 PM
you can, alternatively, get macrium reflect (it's free for home user) and clone your drives in case something happens. Then, you can clone back (you might have to adjust the drive partition tables when you do that (a google search about it will help you when that happens).

Maxter
07-09-2015, 05:06 PM
and I just remembered... you could also contact ASUS support and tell them your story (send them that picture too). They should be able to give you an alternative solution (free or inexpensive)