PDA

View Full Version : cannot boot to bios. Rog Logo then black screen, ok now, share macrium rescue disk?

2menijulia
07-08-2015, 10:38 PM
ammm guys...is there a way to access bios without the actual advance restart?

i mean the computer needs to be on a restart for it to detect the ESC key press right?

now my issue is only asus rog logo...then black screen

even if i press power button longer to make it shutdown and use press ESC or F2..but cannot enter bios or even setup

any help please

EDIT: i can go bios now and even windoes startup repair...

i did have a macrium reflect back up.but i the start rescue disk of macrium is in my house which is far(by plane)

anybody can share there macrium rescue disk please

2menijulia
07-10-2015, 08:23 AM
any help please.anybody there with a rescue disk from reflect?

beststevie
07-10-2015, 02:48 PM
any help please.anybody there with a rescue disk from reflect?

Couldn't you do a minimum install of windows, install reflect and create your disc? Should be the fastest way for you.

steve

2menijulia
07-10-2015, 04:04 PM
yup.that is true..but as far as i know..win 8.1 is 4gb...

for minimal windows..you have a lesser one for dload?

beststevie
07-10-2015, 05:34 PM
do you know the size of the recovery media of that tool? I could upload it for you. It's freeware, isn't it? I tried it some time ago, but it didn't work.

Clintlgm
07-10-2015, 07:25 PM
There individual most likely someone else's rescue disk won't work for you. I have had to make up 4 1 for each of my computer using Macrium Reflect. For future reference use a USB instead of DVD much easier to keep with your Back up drive for emergency's like you have now.

Clintlgm
07-10-2015, 07:27 PM
4 GB USB is plenty big enough, you have to create the USB Recovery Media on the computer you will use it on. They are specific to each computer.
If you are following instructions after creating the USB Media you are instructed to boot to the media to insure that it has been created correctly.
You would hit the Exc key on boot up to get a boot menu, there you would select your Recovery UEFI USB media and it will boot it not make it again and keep making it until you get one that boots. Useless If the recover media won't boot.

Gamenab
07-10-2015, 08:03 PM
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?71243-Upated-Nvidia-drivers-now-screen-black-can-t-see-any-ROG-BIOS-OS-solved

ronralph.bartolome
07-10-2015, 09:53 PM
please delete.wrong entry.sorry guys

2menijulia
07-10-2015, 09:54 PM
@beststevie

as far as i remember.recovery media was about 4gb...you had issue making one?

@clintlgm

really? i really thought the recovery media shoukd be generic.atleast for those in the same laptop models for macrium.if this is true.thank you for sharing sir

@Gamenab
unfortunately for me, i could find said file.also instead of C drive, it goes to X Drive..i think thats for the emergency though... went to C, and it went to i think my D drive..

anyway...your technique of forcing to go repair mode with windows not detecting keypress is simply genius... thank you sir. atleast i could start somewhere here :-D

beststevie
07-11-2015, 07:14 AM
Hi,

I don't want to blame nobody, boys and girls, but I can tell you how to:

1. took a VMware with 8.1
2. installed the tool
3. created a boot iso
4. burned the iso
5. booted two different computers (hardware) with it

ISO has 217mb,

Any questions?

It's not that I'm hoppyless, but if you still want your ISO... let me know.

steve

Gamenab
07-11-2015, 07:21 AM
You made a mistake
On the explorer you can actually choose your partition C or anything other partition
You just press back on the explorer until you access to your storage, that simple ;)

2menijulia
07-11-2015, 03:18 PM
thank you steve and thank you sir Gamenab

anyway.got my rescue dvd for macrium and all is ok now.thanks

last question...performing clean install windows.no chance to back up update files?

thank you all