PDA

View Full Version : [Q] G751JY-T7372D G-sync capable

nvr21
07-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Hello,
Can someone tell me if this model of G751 (is going to be release this month) has G-Sync technology ?
BTW: Asus live chat support told me that the videocard(nvidia gtx 980m is capable) but on google i can't find any further
informations. Some resellers said that is capable other that is not. What do you think?
Thanks in advance.

Specs:
Detalii tehnice
Denumire Model G751JY-T7372D
Procesor Familie procesor Procesor Intel® Core™ i7
Model procesor Procesor Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ
Clock Speed (MHz) 2600
Max Turbo Frequency (MHz) 3600
Numar nuclee 4
Smart Cache (Kb) 6144 Level 3
Tehnologie fabricatie 22 nm
Procesor grafic Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Chipset MB Intel HM87 Express
Memorie RAM Capacitate memorie 8192 MB
Format memorie instalata 1x8192
Tip memorie DDR3L (Low Voltage)
Frecventa memorie 1600 MHz
Capacitate maxima memorie 32768 MB
Sloturi memorie 4
Capacitate stocare Capacitate HDD 1000GB
Bay-uri HDD/SSD instalate 2
Bay-uri HDD/SSD ocupate 1
Interfata HDD / SSD SATA
Viteza HDD 7200 RPM
Unitate optica DVD Writer (Citeste si Scrie DVD&CD)
Display si video Diagonala 17"
Rezolutie maxima 1920x1080
Tip display Anti-Glare
Placa video dedicata NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M
Placa video integrata Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Memorie video(MB) 4096 dedicata
Camera Web Da, HD
Sunet si comunicatii Audio Integrata High Definition Waves MaxxAudio
Difuzoare Difuzoare Stereo incorporate + Subwoofer
Microfon 1 Microfon incorporat
Retea cu Fir Gigabit Ethernet(10/100/1000Mbs)
Retea Wireless 802.11ac
Bluetooth Da
Conectivitate DC-in jack Port DC-in pentru Incarcator
USB 3.0 4 x USB 3.0
Retea (RJ-45) 1 x Mufa RJ-45 (LAN Ethernet)
Iesire Audio 2 x Mufa (Casti/Boxe)
Intrare Audio 1 x Mufa (Microfon)
VGA (monitor extern) 1 x Conector VGA Monitor Extern
HDMI 1 x High-Definition Multimedia Interface
Cititor Carduri Da
3-in-1
Thunderbolt 1 x Thunderbolt
Baterie Tehnologie Lithium-Ion
Numar celule Baterie 8 cell
OS si caracterisitici Sistem operare Fara Sistem de Operare
Dimensiuni(mm) 416 x 318 x 20 ~ 53
Greutate(Kg) 4.8
Culoare Negru
Tastatura numerica Da
Tastatura iluminata Da
Cititor de amprenta Nu

Gamenab
07-10-2015, 10:11 PM
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
This is the reason what is not possible (Off course for NVIDIA) ;)
Look like it come with optimus.

Chadd
07-10-2015, 10:38 PM
All g751 have Intel graphics, it's just not used. They use the Nvidia gfx instead. They don't have Optimus.

Edweird
07-10-2015, 10:45 PM
I would say no. So far, the models we've seen being put out specifically say G-SYNC in the description either next to the screen info or the GPU info.

And yeah, I don't know why they point the iGPU out when it can't be used...

nvr21
07-11-2015, 01:20 AM
This is strange because this laptop is actually new (just released - model based) and the nvidia gtx is capable of g-sync -> panel 75hz.
The main question remain if i should buy it or not, but i would really like to have the g-sync function.
Well i guess i must wait for an official answer or technial specs.
Thanks for answering :)

Edweird
07-11-2015, 11:51 AM
Yeah, all the G751JYs, even the very first ones have been capable of G-SYNC (we know this now) and the screen can actually go over 100Hz on some individual units.

They're still releasing new SKUs - but again, if it doesn't specifically advertise G-SYNC in the the specs - I would say wait for another model that does.
Either way, contact the store - if they want to have your business, they should want to look at the product specs for you.

escha
07-11-2015, 11:54 AM
same thing was with IPS screen... some resellers did not put the information correctly,
My g751 even has a sticker with iris pro graphics xD

total mess... still looks like new model number.
To know for sure You must get HW id of gpu... only 2 ids support g-sync in asus g751s

Edweird
07-11-2015, 12:43 PM
The only way to do that would be to buy the notebook...and then it'd be kinda obvious whether it has official G-SYNC support or not :D

nvr21
07-12-2015, 07:27 PM
So...theoretically all new g751jy (released after 2nd june-computex 2015) should have g-sync according to official asus website
https://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G751JY/
2nd scroll and you'll see this

Supreme gaming laptop with NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ technology
ROG G751JT/JY now feature NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ display technology*! Thanks to close cooperation between the ASUS display R & D team and NVIDIA®, G751JT/JY includes built-in G-SYNC™ to synchronize the display's refresh rate with the NVIDIA® GTX™ GPU for ultra-smooth visuals. G-SYNC™ helps avoid lag, minimizes frame-rate stutter, and eliminates visual tearing. It delivers the smoothest and fastest gaming graphics — all without affecting system performance!
but there is also a disclaimer: This offer may vary by different period, countries, models and specs. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. This offer may not be available in all markets.

What do you think?

Edweird
07-13-2015, 07:16 AM
I think that that claim is completely pointless...all new models released means ones that are being ADDED to what's already available in terms of units. But all the old units are the old models, and this is bound to cause ASUS some trouble with confusion.

And the offer varying between periods, countries, models and specs means exactly that not all new models will feature G-SYNC.
Basically they're saying all of our new models will feature G-SYNC, except for the ones that won't.

clockworksatan
07-15-2015, 08:55 AM
I was playing around with my G751JT last night and set the refresh at 100Hz without any issues. I never tried pushing it over that, though. Might try that later...

NitroX
07-16-2015, 12:46 PM
So...theoretically all new g751jy (released after 2nd june-computex 2015) should have g-sync according to official asus website
https://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G751JY/
2nd scroll and you'll see this

but there is also a disclaimer: This offer may vary by different period, countries, models and specs. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. This offer may not be available in all markets.

What do you think?

I would wait another month or so, until they will add a part in the description where it will be pointed out that the model clearly has G-Sync enabled. With all this mess with nVidia and the fact that they don't want to give G-Sync on older models (which are capable of using it) I would be very careful when buying a G751 because ASUS might still try to sell the "older" models and you might end up with one of those. Just be patient until you will know for sure that those models are indeed G-Sync supported. I bet you'll start seeing comments and reviews in a month or so.

PS: Don't ask the guys from the technical department of the store because they might not even know for sure and of course that they will tell you just what you want to hear.